Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:33 PM

160 posts, read 316,161 times

Advertisements

Drama - I'd NEVER beat you up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyFatGuy View Post
Corgis ...

Yes, there's a church at the intersection of High and Washington. - Do you know the denomination?

I love this walking around stuff - I'm going to have this heaven memorized my the time I get there.
That used to be the North Baptist Church. they moved out of there a few years back. We have te one now, Cornerstone Baptist at Red Ranch Corner at Clark St & County Road. Back in the day (40 odd years ago) the Red Ranch was a beer joint with a lot of drunken brawls. Kinda ironicwhen ya think about it.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 PM

I've been reading and reading hundreds of these messages; YOU MAINERS are very special people, I sincerely mean that!
ALL of you go out of your way to help others; provide very kind words to those in need; make phone calls for out-of-towner's, and I could go on and on ...

I read where Forest Beekeeper found a place, helped them move in AND fixed their furnace;
Mollysmiles is going to be a Queen in heaven; I have never known anyone who goes above and beyond to help complete strangers;
Peachie ALWAYS has encouraging and sweet words for everyone;
Boundto... has provided me with information I never dreamed of asking

again, I could go on and on ...
Willb who did you testify against?

I get excited every time I log on wanting to know what happened in the neighborhood ...
I woke up one morning knowing I had to move to Maine ... on the other-hand, I'm worried, I honestly don't know if I can meet your standards - PLEASE don't misunderstand, this isn't a jab - it's a compliment!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:41 AM

16,590 posts, read 15,515,175 times
Quote:
..... I'm worried, I honestly don't know if I can meet your standards .....
Don't worry. Standards can always be lowered!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 AM

Oh we wouldn't want to do that - that'll take all the magic out of Maine! keep it just the way it is

Old 01-26-2009, 02:10 PM

another silly question ... trying to figure out what kind of license the fish and game dept off 100% disabled vet; here in MN it's free; also, if I read it correctly, it doesn't cost to fish in the ocean
Are there any lakes/streams to fish in Eastport?

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

467 posts, read 1,119,255 times
Quote:
another silly question ... trying to figure out what kind of license the fish and game dept off 100% disabled vet; here in MN it's free; also, if I read it correctly, it doesn't cost to fish in the ocean
Are there any lakes/streams to fish in Eastport?

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Here's the link to Maine Dept. of IF&W (Inland Fisheries & Wildlife) that will cover all your questions and more Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife - Welcome
Maine could also qualify for the same slogan your current state has (Land of 10,000 Lakes) but I couldn't tell you where they are in Eastport -- I'll leave that to the locals....

Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 PM

THANKS BOUND!!! can't wait to have a cupper with ya

Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 PM

16,590 posts, read 15,515,175 times
Eastport is an island, so there is water all around, but no lakes or streams. Lots of people go inland to the lakes to fish. Pennamaquan Lake, Meddybemps Lake and Boyden Lake are all places our neighbor has fished.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times
Right now salt water fishing in the bay or off the breakwater does not require a license. The State may stupidly change that fairly soon. Gotta have more money. But there are plenty of lakes, rivers, and streams within an hours drive of here to fish. Freshwater requires a license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine