Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times

Advertisements

This Vine Tech?

Vine Tech Equipment

335 N. Gap Rd.

Prosser, WA 99350

If so, here's a link to their contact info

http://www.vinetechequipment.com/

Last edited by msina; 03-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: oops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM

12,849 posts, read 22,021,203 times
is it, by any chance, "VineS Tech? These guys are located on Congress in Portland. Here's a link: Vines Technology

This info look familiar to you?
phone:207.773.4293fax:508.749.7100 info@vinestechnology.net
Vines Technology
415 Congress Street, Suite 301
Portland, Me. 04101

Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
It's actually becoming common for an employer, landlord or insurance company to check a credit report. I'd call VineTech first and speak to someone in personel just to make sure this is their policy and that they indeed do have your resume. They most likely already ran a criminal history check. Do make sure you verify to your satisfaction that you are in contact with VineTech. Craigslist is great but there have been scams attempted through them previously.

I worked in HR (in retail) for a while last year, and this retailer requires drug testing and background checks; however, they use a reputable background check company and a local medical facility to do so. Your info is given at the time of the interview, and I think you'd be very wise to verify at the very least via telephone - speaking to a human being (not the number the Craigslist site gave you) before you send them anything. IMHO, you've really got to verify, verify, verify, before you give anything of that nature out these days.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,434 times
Default Vine Tech

There is also a posting for a supervisor job in Roch, NY on Craigs list and like you I got the same reply . I have applied for a job and one of the other people are correct that a lot of companies have links that do a credit check but the difference on this one is you mail it to Vine Tech that is the fishy part, like you I have not replied even though I qualified for Part 2 . If I find out more I'll re-post

Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM

880 posts, read 2,345,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logansclaw View Post
There is also a posting for a supervisor job in Roch, NY on Craigs list and like you I got the same reply . I have applied for a job and one of the other people are correct that a lot of companies have links that do a credit check but the difference on this one is you mail it to Vine Tech that is the fishy part, like you I have not replied even though I qualified for Part 2 . If I find out more I'll re-post
Thanks, and I will do the same. And thanks to all those who have responded. It is definently VineTech according to my e-mail. I have e-mailed them back, and hopefully they will respond with more info.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
It is a fairly common scam on Craigslist to fish information from people responding to fake employment ads. Usually they are just after your email address, but I am sure that they will take everything that they can sell.

You should never blindly send your resume to anyone on Craigslist.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM

121 posts, read 415,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
It is a fairly common scam on Craigslist to fish information from people responding to fake employment ads. Usually they are just after your email address, but I am sure that they will take everything that they can sell.

You should never blindly send your resume to anyone on Craigslist.
I agree. You should know it is becoming more and more common for legitimate employers to ask to run a credit check, but this sounds suspicious to me. Be careful! Most legitimate employers don't post on craigslist.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,434 times
Default Vine Tech Jobs are frauds

This is a scam I sent a e-mail to their supposed HR department and I told them to give me the location and phone number and it didn't go per Road runner security . Vine tech is a vineyard machine so unless your area is heavy into wineries don't believe it feels, looks and acts like a scam.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:28 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,886 times
There is a Vine Tech farm equipment co. in Prosser , Wa. You can google it. I wouldn't give any prospective employer my SS# or credit report until , at least, I have had a solid interview with a real person. I don't even think it's legal for them to require that info until you're actually hired.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,629 times
I also sent them (Vine Tech) my resume today for an accounting job they listed on Craigslist and they sent me an immediate reply back saying the same thing they want my credit history and etc. I don't give my credit history or SS # out to anyone unless I know it's totally legit and after I've met them and have seen their place of business. This Vine Tech sounds real fishy and sounds like a credit and identity fraud scam to me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: