Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times

Advertisements

We just got the one bill, but it differed from the rates they just quoted me on the phone for the same services. I told them I'd better have the rates that were stated IN WRITING on the bill I just got.

Is it illegal to place a bet in Maine? Is it against CD's TOS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
LOL--I just had a TOS question too! must be something in the air!

oh, I think our internet might finally be fixed. No troubles today so far, but I've hardly been on too.... now, going to find wood to knock on.....

Old 04-03-2009, 02:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
nevermind that last statement--spoke too soon.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
nevermind that last statement--spoke too soon.
Um, would you like me to call them for you?

Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
I have, in almost a year, never received a bill from Fairpoint for the same amount! We use VOIP for long distance, so, the Da#n bill should be the same. I recieved two bills from Fairpoint, in a couple of days even though their website said I had 30 days to pay the first on. The charges on a phone that is out of service is insane. I think that it might be cheaper to let them give me a new number each year instead of trying to keep the same one. How can they charge me a connect fee to the network, when it isn't even connected????? I am venting here.....at least with Bangor Hydro you know what your bill will be. With Fairpoint it is Russian roulette with a fixed wheel.....

I have had to call customer service every month to have my bill corrected. I have the direct number to a wonderful customer rep....fixes it up every month.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,340,874 times
Our cell company has been sending us crazy bills, too. But I never have a problem getting to a rep and they are always soooo nice about it.
Vent all you want, maine4.us. We all need it, and this is a good place for it.
Every company has problems and issues that have to be resolved when they change hands. Even when they retain the employees and equipment, everybody is a little unsure of what's going on and it takes time to work out the bugs. These guys haven't had much time. Verizon, who was bought out by Fairpoint, turned around and bought Alltel, our provider. Nothing has changed, not even the name, but they're a bit confused over there, too. Highly unusual for those guys.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
I have, in almost a year, never received a bill from Fairpoint for the same amount! We use VOIP for long distance, so, the Da#n bill should be the same. I recieved two bills from Fairpoint, in a couple of days even though their website said I had 30 days to pay the first on. The charges on a phone that is out of service is insane. I think that it might be cheaper to let them give me a new number each year instead of trying to keep the same one. How can they charge me a connect fee to the network, when it isn't even connected????? I am venting here.....at least with Bangor Hydro you know what your bill will be. With Fairpoint it is Russian roulette with a fixed wheel.....

I have had to call customer service every month to have my bill corrected. I have the direct number to a wonderful customer rep....fixes it up every month.
One thing you may want to check into...I was just told by the rep yesterday that they now have a new agreement with Maine to offer a reduced priced basic line for $14.95 a month. That line used to be $19 a month. I'd make sure you are getting the lowest price available, because I seriously doubt they'd tell you about it! According to his list of fees we went over, each itemized service has been reduced. Just something to check out!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 AM

15 posts, read 49,079 times
Yikes!!! We just contacted Fairpoint to connect a land line here at the house because US Cellular let us out of our contract due to Canadian roaming charges. (All we did was roam at home-$700 plus worth of roaming). Supposedly they will have everything set up by the 9th. We will see.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 AM

I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:05 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,518 times
Gosh,,, FairPoint has been great for me!! No problems with service and the right billing every month!! They even had the phone turned on before it was supposed to be!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine