Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,718 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does any know of any hospitals in the Naples area? I am an emergency room nurse who is looking to relocate to Naples.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2006, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 43,279 times
You are in the right area. Portland has two of the best around. Maine Medical Center in just off the highway..I know there are more ( I think ) towards Gorham and of course Lewiston has Central Maine Medical and St Mary's..Excellent places too...Good luck

Old 07-06-2006, 12:00 PM

363 posts, read 2,019,382 times
Wow! Alaska to Maine! You must be very excited going cross country! Good Luck!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 AM

55 posts, read 412,162 times
In the Naples area there is a small hospital. Used to be called the Bridgton Hospital..you may be able to look it up. Good luck!

Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,717 times
Default Nurse to Nurse advise

I am an ER nurse and diability claims handler nurse that lives in Naples Maine. You have quite a few choices to work; however, it will be at the toleratnce you have for commuting. I commute to Portland to work. It has been okay for the last 2 years and now I have been set up for work at home Monday thru Friday. The communte in the winter is long and the summer is up to 2 hours commute home in the evenings - esp Fridays.

Bridgton Hopsital is affiliated with Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston. They have a small ER, but quite busy. I worked there for a short while per diem and it was just not for my personality. I currently work at Stephen's Memorial Hospital ER per diem on weekends and have been committed to them for over two years and absolutley adore the Nurse Manager - Darlene Glover. That is about a 35 minute commute. VERY busy ER and is affiliated with Maine Medical Center in Porltand Maine.

Mercy Hopsital, Brighton Hospital and Maine medical center are all in Portland. I worked at mercy as a traveler for 1 year on the floor and then the operating room for a year and I liked the people a lot and miss them terribly. The call was not something I could do because of the commute.

I hope this helps. Have a safe travel and if you need any further questions answered just let me know.

Meg Yeaton-Young, RN BSN CC

Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,733 times
Default Naples Maine

Hi,
[moderator CUT] I would say the hospital would be in Bridgton, (next town. the number is 207-647-6000, It is only 3 years old.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jennifer Regan
[CUT]

Last edited by Marka; 07-12-2006 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: advertising - read the rules

Old 10-15-2008, 01:12 AM

374 posts, read 1,125,252 times
Kathy,
I am also a Nurse and we are probably heading to Maine in the Spring. Keep us posted of your progress. Would you be driving down?

Megan

Old 10-15-2008, 03:59 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganAK View Post
Kathy,
I am also a Nurse and we are probably heading to Maine in the Spring. Keep us posted of your progress. Would you be driving down?

Megan
Whooooooooo hooooooo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine