Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 12:25 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,167,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
This is my third attempt to post a simple reply.....it disconnects when I hit submit....lets try one last time.

Dramamama......enjoy your blues festival....remember the old blues line..."Wild Women Don't Weep; Wild Women Don't Sing The Blues."

Tankratt, glad that you and your family had a good visit! Come back soon.
That's why it's always good to copy before you post.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,424,366 times
To all the members posting from Ohio, (and anyone else interested), I have been a fan of Jim Crotty (http://www.picturesqueohio.com/index.html - broken link)for a long time now and his work is marvelous!
One of you mentioned Hocking County in Ohio and some of his best images are taken there.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Well, I've put in an offer on my paradise. Hope to find out soon that it's mine. Thanks BoundToFindMe for all your help and especially your friendship. Both are great, but I cherish the last. Can't wait to have a lobstah bake to celebrate with everyone! I'm gonna be in the willy wickets if we come to terms!!! Pinch me!!! ... and I think Tank's wife might run away from home if I get it!!!! lololol

Funny to miss people you just met, but they were instantly family. Can't wait til October til they back out here again!

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 08-01-2009 at 08:58 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Blues Traveler in Freeport tonight. Another LL Bean Free concert. Many thousands of people here for the show. Great show, great crowd, beautiful evening....good times. And the price was right!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:29 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Have a safe trip, and come back soon! When does your youngest graduate?
Three years, she will be a sophmore this year, she plays softball, is a cheerleader and on the equestrian team. So she is busy and has alot of friends she would miss if we up root her. It is not fair to her we decided, so we wait, Maine is not goning any where, so whats a few years, we will just vist more.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Three years, she will be a sophmore this year, she plays softball, is a cheerleader and on the equestrian team. So she is busy and has alot of friends she would miss if we up root her. It is not fair to her we decided, so we wait, Maine is not goning any where, so whats a few years, we will just vist more.
I moved to a little town in NH just as my boys were starting elementary school.....I remembered a childhood of relocations and how hard it was...so decided for better or worse we would stay put till the youngest graduated HS......kept that promise......it was a great town to raise kids.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,167,614 times
Quote:

I can't imagine the wrath I'd incur with my kids if I uprooted them, so I understand completely.

Besides, they grow up too dang fast as it is...glad you had a good visit!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 PM

Tankratt have you ever seen a beer called Grant's Imperial Stout? If I'm not mistaken it's made in Yakima Washington. I'm willing to make trades if you can find some????

Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Tankratt have you ever seen a beer called Grant's Imperial Stout? If I'm not mistaken it's made in Yakima Washington. I'm willing to make trades if you can find some????
Yes I have, I will look into where I can find some, I have a couple places that carry the local stuff, and you know my soft spot for Halloween Ale. I will look into it and DM you.

On the booze note I picked up some Allen's Coffee Brandy while I was in Maine. After reading all the posts last winter had to see what the fuss was about, not bad.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Yes I have, I will look into where I can find some, I have a couple places that carry the local stuff, and you know my soft spot for Halloween Ale. I will look into it and DM you.

On the booze note I picked up some Allen's Coffee Brandy while I was in Maine. After reading all the posts last winter had to see what the fuss was about, not bad.
Champagne of Maine! Glad you were brave enough to try it! The Halloween will be out soon I'll check with the brewer at Gritty's to find out when. We'll make a trade. Dm's from here on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine