Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM

6 posts, read 42,664 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago local paper&some web news reported Lobsterman in Scarborough sells directly at his garage/pickup truck due to low wholesale price.

As I'm living in tourist town(Kennebunkport), live lobster price at local shops is not as low as in other towns(I wish I were living in Scarborough). Does anybody know where are the lobstermen who sell direct to consumers cheaper in Kennebunkport ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,204,524 times
there's a landmark in k'port on ocean ave, called sonny's they sell lobsters (beside the lobster claw restaurant)

across the street (on the other side of schooners (hotel) you can drive right to where you can buy off the boat (we use to years ago,) (a fishermans wharf on one side of the kennebunk river)

Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Thank you mainebrokerman,
I usually buy Lobsters there(Port Lobster Co.,Inc). Not sure it's also named <Sonny's> but that must be same as yours because it's next to Mabel's Lobster Claw Rest. Their lobsters are freshest but prices are not as cheap as I am expecting now.
So I am looking for Fisherman who sells at his truck or garage for temporally to give us a special deal less retail shop's prices.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennebunkME View Post
Thank you mainebrokerman,
I usually buy Lobsters there(Port Lobster Co.,Inc). Not sure it's also named <Sonny's> but that must be same as yours because it's next to Mabel's Lobster Claw Rest. Their lobsters are freshest but prices are not as cheap as I am expecting now.
So I am looking for Fisherman who sells at his truck or garage for temporally to give us a special deal less retail shop's prices.
i use to know mabel years ago,
the wharf im thinking is across the street, drive behind schooners , to a fishermans wharf on the kennebunk river

not sure if they still sell off the boat, but they use to,

Old 07-03-2009, 07:38 AM

I went to the wharf(with a small barn) at the end of the parking lot (by the river) yesterday lunch time but no one around there. A staff at a gift shop nearby said that fisherrman delivers lobsters straight to the Lobster Co. and does not sell them off the boat.
Maybe he does early morning before the shop opens. I will check sometime.
Thanks.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 7,669 times
you can google his name gregory turner in scarborough maine i did it but do not remember the number. the price is 4.00 per pound

Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris6613 View Post
you can google his name gregory turner in scarborough maine i did it but do not remember the number. the price is 4.00 per pound
Welcome to the forum kris6613. Your offer of a lobsterman's name was a nice gesture though I think the original poster of this thread has most likely found some lobsters since he started this thread in June.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,060 times
Default Looking for cheap lobster

I found this forum while looking a place around Portland to buy cheap lobster. I will surely goggle for the fisherman.

I was driving on Gorham road in Scarborough and passed a house called "Two side seafood" selling clams and lobsters. One pounder $4, 1 1/2 $4.79, etc. But they are all soft shell ones. The owner didn't fish for lobsters. They just bought from lobster fisherman. I wonder where I can get cheaper one direct from the fisherman. It's better for them than selling on the exchange and better for the consumers. Anyone has any tips?

Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris6613 View Post
I first posted this thread because I found the article of Mr.G.T. and wondered if I can find cheap lobster in my area(Kennebunk). Driving to Scarborough to buy lobster does not make sense to me. Thanks anyway.

I checked the wharf near Mables again around 9:30 AM and no lobsterman. Maybe I should be there much earlier.

I'm living in Kennebunk and always looking for cheap deal, so information is always welcome. Thanks all.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennebunkME View Post
I first posted this thread because I found the article of Mr.G.T. and wondered if I can find cheap lobster in my area(Kennebunk). Driving to Scarborough to buy lobster does not make sense to me. Thanks anyway.

I checked the wharf near Mables again around 9:30 AM and no lobsterman. Maybe I should be there much earlier.

I'm living in Kennebunk and always looking for cheap deal, so information is always welcome. Thanks all.

some lobsterman will take tourists out on thier boat (they could be retired or do this on the side) show them how they haul and bait traps

you could do an internet search for anyone doing it in your area, and call, ask if he sells from the boat,,or refer you to someone who does.

the lobsterman probly do not unload in the same spot anymore across the str. from mabels, sorry to send you astray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine