Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:54 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times

Advertisements

As most of you know, we have some out of state forum members arriving to our great state at the end of the month! Spose and her DH will be arriving here from FL soon and visiting her family in Roxbury. As well, Tankratt and his DW and DD will be here from Washington state. Both of these terrific forum members are going to be spending time in the Midcoast area.

We are coordinating a couple very informal get-togethers, one in the Portland / Freeport area to meet Tank and his family on either Sunday, July 26 (late afternoon) or the following Monday the 27th for lunch. We need to let Tank get a little taste of what these Maine brews are that we've been talking about! The location is yet to be determined, but should be easy enough to coordinate. There a number of brew pubs in either town.

On Tuesday, July 28th both Tankratt and Spose and their families will all be in the midcoast area. We are planning a really fun lunch (and beer) at The Lobster Pound on Rt 1 in Lincolnville Beach. www.lobsterpoundmaine.com/

I know that both of these great members would love to meet some of us!
(God only knows why)

So if any of you would like to join us for either get together, please let me know and we will make a reservation for The Lobster Pound location. We won't need one for the Portland/ Freeport location, but please drop me a note and we'll coordinate a place.

As most of you know, Tankratt will be here to check out the Midcoast area for a semi retirement location, he has done tons of research and is anxious to get here to look around the Alna area. Spose will be here visiting family in Roxbury and also looking at a piece of property that adjoins her already existing property.

We're very fortunate to have both of them coming to the Midcoast area at the same time! This way we'll all be able to meet each other and relax with a beer and show them what we're made of! True New England hospitality at it's finest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:24 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
I wasn't planning to go until I clicked the link to The Lobster Pound Restaurant and saw they sell lobster boxer shorts in their gift shop. I gotta go now!
I'll definitely make the brewpub one in Portland or Freeport! Gritty's is good. I also heard there was a new Sea Dog Brewing Company restaurant opening or opened in Portland too. I'll have to see if I can find out more about it.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM

164 posts, read 353,452 times
We were due to be there in Aug. but a family matter has come up and now we are planning to be there for two weeks end of Oct. beginning of Nov. maybe it will snow for us :-)
How about a fall party too...
Have fun everyone this summer...

Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
That sounds like fun!

We will check our schedules, thanks!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:51 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Thank you all for your DM's. We are all in agreement and look forward to seeing you soon!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,167,614 times
Default get together

I can't make it, but I wanted to say a huge "WELCOME" to Tank

Let us know how your trip was!

Oh, and by the way, don't let that Mermaid drink you under the table.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:15 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,708 times
I get my work schedule on Friday for the following week, so will have to wait to find out if I am available.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
I withdraw my reservation for Lincolnville Beach. Dw has to go to New York so I have house duty. I will however make the get together in Portland and /or Freeport.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I have house duty.
Yes, and I am still on WORK patrol.

Rain or shine (mostly rain, hereabouts), gotta keep the cash comin' in!

Old 07-19-2009, 05:00 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,372 times
I can't wait to get back to Maine next week and meet some of the cd'ers. those that will be there should be fun and those that can't this time maybe next time. We might be back the first week of October to do some leaf peeping. Thanks for all the well wishes and see you next week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: