Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 10,697 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a list or dentist that accept Maine Care in the York or Cumberland county areas? Dunstan Dental used to accept it as far as i can remember, now they say they do not.

Last edited by 7th generation; 08-04-2009 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: please leave politics out of the discussion. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_cortez View Post
Does anyone know of a list or dentist that accept Maine Care in the York or Cumberland county areas? Dunstan Dental used to accept it as far as i can remember, now they say they do not.

This is from 2007. There may still be some that accept Mainecare.
http://www.memun.org/public/publicat...dentalsvcs.pdf

I really have no idea what dentists/doctors will do to be honest.

As far as what I'll do, I have private insurance. When I changed my private dental insurer because I went from part-time to per diem and didn't qualify for coverage, I had to leave the dentist I had for the last 25 years and go to one that was a "preferred provider." I just fired him as he ruined 1 of my teeth and screwed up one of my husband's (up until recently, I'd have to travel 2 hours to reach a preferred provider) or pay entirely too much despite the fact that I pay monthly premiums. I'm happy to say, now there are 3 providers in my area who take my dental insurance, so I changed to a competent dentist.

Six one way, half dozen another IMO.

Last edited by 7th generation; 08-05-2009 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: added something

Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
There should be a phone number listed on the back of your MaineCare card that you can call and talk to a Real Live Person, who will give you a list of participating physicians and dentists that accept MaineCare in which ever towns or counties you would like to search.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
And though this report is 2 years old, it may be of some help:

Dental Clinics and Services for Low Income Persons In Maine

Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 AM

20 posts, read 43,795 times
You can purchase "individual" dental coverage from a Health Insurance broker in Maine. You don't have to be part of a group..or use a broker near you that you normally use to purchase your health insurance related products from. A broker will run quotes and search for provider networks that include your dentist...evaluate your needs and compare coverages to find the most benefits and cost effectiveness. In other words...they do the legwork and represent alot of companies for rate/coverage comparisons. (I know you found something but for others pondering dental coverage options).. Hope this helps.

Last edited by 7th generation; 09-14-2009 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: advertising services here is a violation of the Terms of Service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine