Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
No, that's not being inaccurate. Many individuals across the country purchase vehicle they can't pay back, and it's repossessed, so it's not a very inaccurate assumption to assume to that it also applies to someone who also lives in Maine
Assuming that every new vehicle is going to be repossessed is an inaccurate assumption.

Quote:
... Notice you also mentioned Portland, which isn't an extremely rural part of Maine.
???

The biggest city we have is not rural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 09:27 PM

703 posts, read 870,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Assuming that every new vehicle is going to be repossessed is an inaccurate assumption.

???

The biggest city we have is not rural.

I never said that every new vehicle is going to be repossessed, so don't say that. I just know that, based on a lot of what I've seen before, individuals who bring really expensive vehicle to rural areas who are locals and don't seem to have any high flow of income tend to get their vehicles repossessed and I saw that all the time.
Also, what are you going on about? I never called Portland rural.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,202,798 times
Quote:
No, that's not being inaccurate. Many individuals across the country purchase vehicle they can't pay back, and it's repossessed, so it's not a very inaccurate assumption to assume to that it also applies to someone who also lives in Maine. Notice you also mentioned Portland, which isn't an extremely rural part of Maine.
Caswell is in the far reaches of Aroostook, and I think I've got a little bit better handle on the economics up here than you do. You made broad statements and assumptions, and implied "they" - all those fat vehicles - would be repossessed. I don't believe you understand who has what for money and assets. One more hint: manure and pitch mixed with diesel and in some cases saltwater. Those boys seem to pretty much do O.K. if they keep an eye on their overhead. But they might look like hell at breakfast at Grammies' Diner. Doesn't mean their assets aren't into seven figures. And I said north of Portland, meaning there is something beyond what, at first blush, appears to be the economic center of the State.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
Caswell is in the far reaches of Aroostook, and I think I've got a little bit better handle on the economics up here than you do. You made broad statements and assumptions, and implied "they" - all those fat vehicles - would be repossessed. I don't believe you understand who has what for money and assets. One more hint: manure and pitch mixed with diesel and in some cases saltwater. Those boys seem to pretty much do O.K. if they keep an eye on their overhead. But they might look like hell at breakfast at Grammies' Diner. Doesn't mean their assets aren't into seven figures. And I said north of Portland, meaning there is something beyond what, at first blush, appears to be the economic center of the State.
Again, I don't know where you get the assumptions from, but I never said they all new vehicle would get taken away. Anyway, I know a little about the economic up there. I mean, Northern Upstate Maine is where McDonald's gets the cod fish, right, and make about $16,000 per net? I think..
Still, that's mcdonalds, not the individual.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,240,442 times
Quote:
Again, I don't know where you get the assumptions from, but I never said they all new vehicle would get taken away. Anyway, I know a little about the economic up there. I mean, Northern Upstate Maine is where McDonald's gets the cod fish, right, and make about $16,000 per net? I think..

Que?

Old 06-19-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Que?
Was that meant to be serious?

Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Again, I don't know where you get the assumptions from, but I never said they all new vehicle would get taken away.
Certainly was implied.

Quote:
... Anyway, I know a little about the economic up there. I mean, Northern Upstate Maine is where McDonald's gets the cod fish, right, and make about $16,000 per net? I think..
Are you asking about where corporations buy their fish? About 92% of fish consumed in the USA comes from overseas.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 PM

973 posts, read 2,381,332 times
Quote:
Again, I know a little about the economic up there. I mean, Northern Upstate Maine is where McDonald's gets the cod fish, right, and make about $16,000 per net?
I've lived in Northern Maine all my life so far and never knew we had an ocean. And if you think you're eating cod when you have a Filet-O-Fish, I don't want to break your bubble, but pretty sure that's pollock.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:31 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post
I've lived in Northern Maine all my life so far and never knew we had an ocean. And if you think you're eating cod when you have a Filet-O-Fish, I don't want to break your bubble, but pretty sure that's pollock.
Northern Upstate Maine has an ocean...and possibly unicorns.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Certainly was implied.

Are you asking about where corporations buy their fish? About 92% of fish consumed in the USA comes from overseas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post

Yup. New Zealand and Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine