Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:03 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
Yes, there are a lot of health care jobs in the Loring/Caribou area. However, to supply just a bit more info:
There are approximately 1,000 factory/mill jobs within a half hours distance of Loring.
There are approximately 600 professional accounting-related jobs on Loring.
There are approximately 500 mechanical/construction jobs within a half hour.
There are approximately 500 professional, technical jobs within a half hour.
There are several hundred education-related (non public school) related jobs within a half hour,
and several hundred more a bit further than that. FYI: The Maine School of Science and Math is
one of the best schools in the nation, and is in Limestone. They look to hire the best teachers.
And of course, there are many hundreds of other "unskilled" jobs right around Loring, some with decent benefits.

Jobs are definitely prized here (like everywhere). But there is a lot more "going on" than some people realize.
My job is a professional one that pays just as much as I would get anywhere else in Maine. My living costs are significantly lower here. (We're hiring, if any one is looking for a job! lol)

where did you get your stats from?

Off the top of my head lol.............They're just estimates, some are actually a bit more and some are a bit less.
DFAS is over 600 now. Maine Military is around 300 with both Limeston and Caribou, I think. I also included McCains, Huber, ATX, MMG, Columbia, UMPI, NMMC, VMS, Maine Bag, etc. because none of them are very far from Loring.

Oh, and we're trying to hire a therapist, and also some social workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM

25,286 posts, read 18,433,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Yes, there are a lot of health care jobs in the Loring/Caribou area. However, to supply just a bit more info:
There are approximately 1,000 factory/mill jobs within a half hours distance of Loring.
There are approximately 600 professional accounting-related jobs on Loring.
There are approximately 500 mechanical/construction jobs within a half hour.
There are approximately 500 professional, technical jobs within a half hour.
There are several hundred education-related (non public school) related jobs within a half hour,
and several hundred more a bit further than that. FYI: The Maine School of Science and Math is
one of the best schools in the nation, and is in Limestone. They look to hire the best teachers.
And of course, there are many hundreds of other "unskilled" jobs right around Loring, some with decent benefits.

Jobs are definitely prized here (like everywhere). But there is a lot more "going on" than some people realize.
My job is a professional one that pays just as much as I would get anywhere else in Maine. My living costs are significantly lower here. (We're hiring, if any one is looking for a job! lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Off the top of my head lol.............They're just estimates, some are actually a bit more and some are a bit less.
DFAS is over 600 now. Maine Military is around 300 with both Limeston and Caribou, I think. I also included McCains, Huber, ATX, MMG, Columbia, UMPI, NMMC, VMS, Maine Bag, etc. because none of them are very far from Loring.

Oh, and we're trying to hire a therapist, and also some social workers.
Do you know if they are hiring any math teachers in the Limestone area (Loring, etc, or anywhere in northern Maine) now? I've been looking for a way to move to either northern Maine or North Dakota for quite some time. I've been teaching math at college level for around 17 years. Actually, I don't really care what the job is as long as I can do the food and shelter thing. I've also had some training in engineering, statistics, and computer programming. On the other hand, I'm not afraid of a shovel handle either. I've had lots of jobs over the years doing many things: woodworking, auto body repair, musical instrument repair, heavy equipment operator, dump truck driver, blah blah. I'm good with my hands and my brain! Now... if my hands and my brain were in northern Maine, my brain would be a lot happier!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,858,743 times
You would do well here, as you are willing to work and not insistent on having your ideal job right off the bat. I do know that Math teachers are sought after regularly here, like everywhere. I'll keep my eyes open (Maine School of Science and Math would be interested in you if you have taught at the college level.....many of their teachers have also. There are also two universities and a technical college not too far from Loring. And there is a Job Corps on Loring that offers many different subjects.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine