Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:29 AM

17 posts, read 50,563 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

The fiance and I are spending the weekend in the Brunswick/Bath area and plan on doing a fair amount of exploring over the weekend. This trip is one of many planned to investigate potential future residence options. I would appreciate any recommendations where we could find some nice foliage either by hike or drive.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Well have a great trip, a great time to be in the mid coast area, a nice hike and great leaf peeps I would say, would be at Camden Hills state park. You would see some great colors and great coastal views. Have fun, and good luck.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Thanks tankratt...we'll take your advice and take off to Camden Hills in the a.m.!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:42 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Great have a good time, Where are you leaving to make Maine your new home?

Old 10-10-2009, 05:09 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
If you don't have to drive home Sunday, I'd suggest you drive down to Bar Harbor. Absolutely stunning at this time of year. Always stunning, but particularly now with the foliage changing. Hope you have your camera with you!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:28 PM

tankratt, we're currently on the south shore of MA about 35 minutes from Boston; our relocation plan is in about 18 months, give or take 6 months; I have a pretty good feel that we'll be looking in the mid-coast which obviously leaves us a lot of investigating to cover all the towns in this area over the next year and a half!

CoastalMaine, I always enjoy your posts on these forums; we will attempt to hit Bar Harbor on Monday and YES we came with our camera ready!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,100 times
You are likely on your leaf peeping trip as I write this. We were in the Bath/Brunswick area at this time of year 2 years ago and LOVED Reid State Park. Had dinner at Joshua's in Brunswick. A fun weekend for us as there was a cat show in Bath at the middle school I believe.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:17 PM

63 posts, read 136,879 times
I second Reid State Park. I went there a few months ago and can't imagine how beautiful the fall foliage must be. Here's a photo from that trip:

http://www.christopherodonnellphotography.com/uploads/reid.jpg (broken link)

If you plan on going out again since, like the poster above said, you're probably out right now, I would drive south of Brunswick to Cundy's Harbor, or to Bailey Island. Both are beautiful and you can get a nice combination of ocean, islands, and foliage. Camden is beautiful as well, hope your trip was fun!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:53 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
We just hiked at Camden Hills State Park today. We went up the Maiden Cliff trail. It was 1 mile each way. No better way to spend a crisp fall day, IMO:
Attached Thumbnails
Foliage Drives/Hikes Mid-Coast-fall-2009-070.jpg   Foliage Drives/Hikes Mid-Coast-fall-2009-077.jpg   Foliage Drives/Hikes Mid-Coast-fall-2009-072.jpg   Foliage Drives/Hikes Mid-Coast-fall-2009-056.jpg  

Old 10-12-2009, 07:24 AM

lovemaine...love the pictures! thank you for sharing; we drove up to Camden Hills yesterday as well and stopped in Damariscotta for the Pumpkin Regatta on the way home; very cute Pumpkin Festival I would encourage anyone to visit next year!

coastal_phot and Newdaawn...we will visit Reid State Park today before we head back, thanks for the tip. We missed Joshua's, but hit up Cook's Lobster on Bailey Island (beatiful sunset!) and Lily's Public House (great, affordable sandwiches/apps/beers) and the Back Street Bistro (a little more $ and upscale, but well worth it) in Brunswick...so far the weekend has been amazing! My fiance and I were joking that we should reschedule our honeymoon planned for Aruba in two weeks to come back to the midcoast again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine