Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:54 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,328,992 times

Advertisements

Welcome back.
I hope you can find what you need quickly.
That will make it much more enjoyable for you both when you are here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,530,804 times
You mention you have relatives about a half hour south of Bangor, so I am guessing that could be in the Stockton Springs or Searsport area. Consider Belfast. I love that town. It has most things you need right there but is small enough to feel like a small town. I believe there is a hospital in Rockland. Are you going to be flying to Maine from the west coast or driving?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:33 PM

164 posts, read 352,518 times
Hi, we are moving to Portland Nov. 9th. yeppie...dh just got a job there it took us a few months, but I know you will get something, maybe with 4 new people the hospital will have to do some mroe hiring
Welcome home, we got a great rental in Deering Center...Good luck, we love Maine too.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,741,934 times
Deering Center is a great area! best of luck to you

Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 PM

30 posts, read 70,147 times
newdawwn: I grew up in Searsport (Dixmont, then moved to Searsport) but my folks now live in Knox. I have a sister who lives in Belfast and I do love it there! My hubby has been looking at Waldo County General hospital and also Pen Bay Hospital as well as hospitals in the Portland area!

Giggles: Congrats! I am happy for you! I hope it will work out for us in the Portland area or in the mid coast area! I also hear the Deering area is really nice!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Are you going to be flying to Maine from the west coast or driving?
Actually we are flying straight from Hawaii to Portland with 2 connections. It was just cheaper and faster that way. And we have 2 kids (3 yr. old and 8 mo. old) so flying into the west coast and driving across country seemed too much of a hassle for now. We hired a shipping company to ship our stuff (leaving a lot behind) and our cars to Maine. Overall it's a huge move and probably the most expensive move we will make but I think it will be worth it!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:11 AM

52 posts, read 126,767 times
Looks like Maine is the only place to be. I can feel your excitement because after 3 years in South Carolina we are returning to Maine as well. Maine is "the way life should be" and the only way it can be for us. Congratulations on being able to return to Maine.
Dramamama was right.........GET PACKING. We return in 8 weeks and I am starting the packing TODAY!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,503,871 times
Congrats, grunzen.. all of you are so lucky... stuck in Ohio and still dreamin' of Maine.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 AM

47,981 posts, read 21,937,870 times
Welcome Home! I had lived in New England most of my life.....about 25 years or more in NH...and then when I retired I moved to S. California....it took a little less than the first year for me to realize that my "transplant" wasnt going to take and to start plotting my return to Northern New England.....we have been in Gorham Maine now for about the last year and a half.....It is so good to have seasons...(including winter)....and to have the Atlantic....(it really is different than the Pacific)...it has a different spirit and even smell....and lichens and moss and ferns and wet granite and mist rising off a lake in the early morning..and maples and pines and eastern oak trees...and villages and towns with bandstands and Civil War monuments...and old cannons....and the bestest of people.....and buildings that are more than a hundred years old...whole little main streets of brick buildings and cold water fish and shell fish....and I could go on all day......Welcome Home.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 AM

Gosh elston! If I wasn't already homesick....well, that put me right over the top! You named many of the things I miss about Maine and why I am so happy to be returning! I am glad you found a way back also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine