Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times

Advertisements

OK, The cat was in Iowa. The fact that this thing is jumping species is huge. There is a much more serious outbreak in Ukraine. They are on virtual lockdown with no unnecessary travel. We know this is the same type of flu that brought the 1918 epidemic worldwide. We travel more now. That's why a case in Iowa pertains to Maine. THis flu occurs in waves. the first wave is nearly over. It's the second and third waves we need to worry about. Reports out of Ukraine indicate that some cases have gone hemorrhagic. In 1918 they didn't know about viruses and they thought H1N1 was a return of the "black death". If this has gone hemorrhagic in only the second stage, this is not good at all.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
I have been looking for someone who has the H1N1 enfluenza, so I can kiss them, to get it myself, so I can build up my own antibodies.

But everyone that I know who is or who has been sick recently has had the seasonal flu and not the swine flu.

So you saying that to get a real good case of swine flu now I have to start kissing the cats?

I dont know if I want to do that ???

Old 11-05-2009, 03:27 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
OK, The cat was in Iowa. The fact that this thing is jumping species is huge. There is a much more serious outbreak in Ukraine. They are on virtual lockdown with no unnecessary travel. We know this is the same type of flu that brought the 1918 epidemic worldwide. We travel more now. That's why a case in Iowa pertains to Maine. THis flu occurs in waves. the first wave is nearly over. It's the second and third waves we need to worry about. Reports out of Ukraine indicate that some cases have gone hemorrhagic. In 1918 they didn't know about viruses and they thought H1N1 was a return of the "black death". If this has gone hemorrhagic in only the second stage, this is not good at all.
Very true. I remember this past spring saying that if this flu made it to this fall it might be a problem. I remember the Hong Kong flu in the winter of 68-69, I was a kid but so sick I just wanted to die. There have been over 1000 deaths from this flu in the U.S. so far.

H1N1 Deaths Reach Over 1,000 in U.S. - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News - FOXNews.com
Quote:
Meanwhile, swine flu is more widespread now than it's ever been, and has resulted in more than 1,000 U.S. deaths so far. Flu illnesses are as widespread now as they are at the winter peak of normal flu seasons, said CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:56 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Please visit this topic in the Health and Wellness forum.
//www.city-data.com/forum/healt...swine-flu.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine