Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
... Real or silicone?
That is a good question.

I can't say if I have ever came face-to-face with either real or silicone and had any negative impression, either way.

I would have to say, I suppose that I am in favour of both. or is that either option.

We do not have or decorate a yule tree in our home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 AM

503 posts, read 1,025,168 times
I prefer real but the wife is allergic to pine sap so we have a fake.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:33 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
I prefer real but the wife is allergic to pine sap so we have a fake.
Is she allergic to just the sap from pines or other conifers also. There are lots of really nice Christmas trees that are spruce or fir as well as others.
When it comes to trees or boobs I gotta say "There's nothing like the real thing" no matter what size shape or color !

Old 11-27-2009, 04:43 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Real. Absolutely real.

Yes, it's a major pain to deal with pine needles, but I prefer to be able to chuck it out the door at the end of the season. I have very little patience for dismantling and putting things back in boxes. I can never, and I mean NEVER get things back into boxes the way they came out.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:01 PM

489 posts, read 1,210,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I know those L shaped bolts are a pain (my stand has eight of them and they are hard to turn). But why in the world would you buy carriage bolts only to cut the heads off to make your own hex head bolts when you can just buy ready made hex head bolts the right size for a lot less money and no messing around making the bolts ? Or if you couldn't find the right size bolts it would have been easier to use all-thread rather than carriage bolts.
I hear what you're saying, but the hex head bolts (at least in this area) only have an inch of thread on the end, not the entire bolt, and you need thread all the way.
Using a threaded rod is another option but I think 4 carriage bolts cost a few pennies ($1.69 a #) while if you have to buy a threaded rod it would probably cost more. You gotta do some cutting either way.
Another way is to just cut the "L" off the existing bolts and insert them in a drill chuck or add nuts to them.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:25 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Is she allergic to just the sap from pines or other conifers also. There are lots of really nice Christmas trees that are spruce or fir as well as others.
When it comes to trees or boobs I gotta say "There's nothing like the real thing" no matter what size shape or color !
Not really sure, she just said back when we first got together that she'd love a real tree but can't because she was allergic to the sap. So I left it at that.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:45 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
I would love to have a real tree, at least once in a while, but I'm allergic to pine sap and mold spores. Mold spores multiply rapidly on pine trees once they are cut and moved inside.

Therefore we do only artificial.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Real,from the tree farm. Sometimes we put up two. One in the livingroom and one in the diningroom. My brother has one of them wicked nice fiber optic trees that changes color all the time ....it's wicked pretty!! I think he got it at Marden's

Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Glad he bought it when he saw it!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Glad he bought it when he saw it!
My buddy who plays harmonica in a band did a tree once with nothing but old harmonicas on it it . It was pretty nice. I did one once with nothing but beer cans on it. It was not as pretty as the harmonicas but it was creative anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine