Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:12 PM

77 posts, read 197,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Kai Adams is the owner of Sebago Brewing Co. I worked with him at Sea Dog Brewing in Camden in the '90's. He is a great brewer and a great guy. I'll pass on your accolades for his place.
Please do! I like to encourage local businesses whenever I can, especially in this economy. I've been a patron to Sebago ever since they opened in the Portland area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe456 View Post
Please do! I like to encourage local businesses whenever I can, especially in this economy. I've been a patron to Sebago ever since they opened in the Portland area.
Kai is a class act and settles for nothing but the best in his beers and the food in his brew pubs. He really likes to hear from people and I'm sure he'll be glad you have been a faithful patron!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
Sea Dog brews are the best!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,213 times
Perhaps those lobster have to travel upriver to spawn like salmon...

Old 07-05-2008, 07:50 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,551 times
Default It's not my Maine town, but Yumm!

It's not my Maine town, but we just ate a great lunch at Ocean House Pizza on Cape Elizabeth near the IGA. Even all the kids ate things they wouldn't ordinarily. Not sure if the owners are Greek or Middle Eastern, but the minute we saw the menu it looked good. My 11 yr old even said it was the best sandwich he ever had. We were headed out to Two Lights and needed to get a bite to eat. We'll have to make plans to stop there again.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Sea Dog brews are the best!!!
My current favorite at Sea Dogs is Old Gollywobbler. Didn't even know I had a thing for dark ales until I tried a Smithwick's at Byrnes a couple months ago. Just goes to show, you should always be willing to try new things DH is fond of of the Topsham Pale Ale or IPA.

Now I'm primed to try one of the Sebago pubs!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,548,139 times
Forest Beekeeper

I just was reading over your post that you had been to the Govenor and thought that most of it was "fried" foods. Perhaps you didn't read over the whole menu. I try to stay away from fried and find they do have roast pork, roast turkey, hot meatball, salads etc. Hope you will try it again. My favorite one is the one in Stillwater. For some reason the one in Bangor isn't as good.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
You are correct. There are non-fried foods on the menu.

I meant that the first time that we sat in a 'Governor', we were shocked by how the majority of offerings were fried.

There are items which are not fried.

The 'National Debt' is good too!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 AM

444 posts, read 928,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Forest Beekeeper

I just was reading over your post that you had been to the Govenor and thought that most of it was "fried" foods. Perhaps you didn't read over the whole menu. I try to stay away from fried and find they do have roast pork, roast turkey, hot meatball, salads etc. Hope you will try it again. My favorite one is the one in Stillwater. For some reason the one in Bangor isn't as good.

We love Governor's on Stillwater. Their grilled haddock is awesome, and so is their grilled salmon. I try to stay away from those monster desserts, but I can't resist their graham cracker pie. When I was growing up in Saskatchewan, my mom used to make the same pie (but she called it "Flapper pie"). I feel a connection to my western Canadian prairie culture when I eat it...comfort food!

From Wikipedia Flapper pie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Flapper pie is basically a custard pie topped with meringue. The Graham cracker cream pie dates back to the 1800s but entered Western Canadian pop culture in the 20th century as Flapper Pie.

Flapper pie, along with jellied salads, became all the rage...in Canada in the 1960-70s.The pie has since remained a staple of the Canadian prairie culture."

That and seven-layer salad

Getting back on-topic, my husband and I also love the Eagle's Nest in Brewer. He has the lobster roll and I always have the lobster chowder.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,291 times
Governor's lobstah rolls followed by a whoopie pie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine