Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I like Smithwick's Irish Ale!
I'll have to try it.

Something else....

I was riding my motorcycle up around Greenville, Rockwood, Jackman, Bingham and back to Abbot when I saw this creature so I stopped to take a couple pictures.

He came a little closer.

And even closer. Looking right at me like I could be a mate or something. So I left before being violated. Guess it's a girl huh?

A little earlier near Rockwood, a baby moose, still bigger than a dear, came right out in front of me where I had to grab and step hard on the brakes. Made my legs weak. I saw him and expected him to come right out in front of me so I was at least a little prepared.

I don't think I ever do that route without seeing a moose. I guess that's the challenge. Going like 120 mph around turns and hoping a moose isn't in my lane. Only kidding.

Last edited by RMoore007; 05-04-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,150,057 times
I spent the day at work...no motorcycle rides, no cool kitters

Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
The Lady Red Claws Dance Team is a pretty cute group of girls too, and the really CAN dance! Their tryouts are in June. If you're a local hottie (or even a semi-hottie) and like to dance for a crowd here's your chance!
NBA Development League: Maine Red Claws

WHOA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link. See if they are on youtube.

(Nope. Dang it!)

Old 05-04-2010, 08:40 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
WHOA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link. See if they are on youtube.

(Nope. Dang it!)
Take the time to go see a Red Claws Game next fall. The basketball is great and the scenery is even better!!! Basketball, blondes, and beer it doesn't get much better!!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I'll have to try it.

Something else....

I was riding my motorcycle up around Greenville, Rockwood, Jackman, Bingham and back to Abbot when I saw this creature so I stopped to take a couple pictures.

He came a little closer.

And even closer. Looking right at me like I could be a mate or something. So I left before being violated. Guess it's a girl huh?

A little earlier near Rockwood, a baby moose, still bigger than a dear, came right out in front of me where I had to grab and step hard on the brakes. Made my legs weak. I saw him and expected him to come right out in front of me so I was at least a little prepared.

I don't think I ever do that route without seeing a moose. I guess that's the challenge. Going like 120 mph around turns and hoping a moose isn't in my lane. Only kidding.
Nice pix...don't want the "little fella" walking out in front of me though...especially on a bike!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Default Summer rock festivals !

I just got an email notifying us of this summer's rock festival schedule at Harry's Farm in Starks.

Harry's Festivals Home Page

HARRY'S HOE DOWN -- JUNE 18-20

BE HERE NOW -- AUGUST 13-15

HARRY'S HARVEST BALL -- OCTOBER 1-3

The list of scheduled performers is long:
ZACH DEPUTY
JERKS OF GRASS
NATRAJ
HOT DAY AT THE ZOO
MYSTIC VIBES
MACROTONES
ADAM EZRA
OKBARI
LAZZLO
SUPERFROG
BEARQUARIUM
ROCKSPRING
BLUE KWANSU
CHANGEUP
NIPPIN' THE NUB
AMERICAN MIXER
RESISTDANCE
BOOTIDDY
ALL OF THE ANIMALS
THE SCALLYWAGS
ONE WORLD PUPPETRY
MOONDREAM VISIONS
THE MOONSHIP
THE GREEN MAN MEDICINE SHOW
RADICAL KIDZ BRIGADE
ZIGZAG
DREAMOSAIC
PSYLAB
THE CYBORG TRIO
VITAMIN J
STRYKNINE
MC 22
VIK 44
THE WHITE JACKET COLLABORATIVE
METRIS
PSYDWAYS
UNDRIK
DAKINI BOREALIS
VJ FOO

I know some of the food vendors, who serve Organic food all grown in Maine.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:56 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
007, you have ALL the fun! Take me with you some time... I have yet to see a moose anywhere other than the single one I saw, strolling along 95 on my way back from visiting Maine Writer a year or so ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I'll have to try it.

Something else....

He came a little closer.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:24 AM

783 posts, read 1,574,353 times
Talking Thank you CD!

Here's a wicked happy story:

Toward the end of March, someone had posted asking if anyone knew of any dairy work in Belfast-Union-Waterville. One month later, I saw an ad for "dairy help wanted" in Waldo. I searched back, found his post, and DM'd him with the ad info.

This morning I had a note from him to say thank you - not only had he still been looking for work, but he got the job in Waldo!

This isn't to say what a good person I am, , but rather to say what a great resource CD is! So, thank you CD!

And thank you to the OP who's now working at the dairy - thank you for taking the time to let me know how things worked out - you made my day!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenb View Post
Here's a wicked happy story:

Toward the end of March, someone had posted asking if anyone knew of any dairy work in Belfast-Union-Waterville. One month later, I saw an ad for "dairy help wanted" in Waldo. I searched back, found his post, and DM'd him with the ad info.

This morning I had a note from him to say thank you - not only had he still been looking for work, but he got the job in Waldo!

This isn't to say what a good person I am, , but rather to say what a great resource CD is! So, thank you CD!

And thank you to the OP who's now working at the dairy - thank you for taking the time to let me know how things worked out - you made my day!
Wicked happy indeed

Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 AM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
007, you have ALL the fun! Take me with you some time... I have yet to see a moose anywhere other than the single one I saw, strolling along 95 on my way back from visiting Maine Writer a year or so ago...
I have seen a total of 8 moose since being back in Maine in Nov. '08. Three of them I could have hit if I wasn't paying attention. I have pictures of 6 of them I think. A couple more were hanging from trees so I don't count them.

I put 2300 miles on my new bike in the last month. If it didn't rain so much, it would have been more. I have gone as far south as Eliot but haven't really explored too much north of me yet. Hopefully, I can get up to the most northen part of Maine soon. Without getting on dirt roads.

I plan on leaving later this month and ride back to Sacramento. Probably take a northern route and stay off boring 80 if I can. But the weather will dictate my route. Last time I rode a bike from here to Sacramento, I had to divert south and go through Phoenix to stay out of days of rain riding. It was 120 degrees going through there that day. I drank lots of water to stay hydrated.

I will fly back to Maine a month or so later to get my car. I have decided to leave Maine and my apartment here for now. I'll store my personal stuff in the basement of my old family farmhouse here.

I miss my son in CA and friends there. Plus I need to be near my business more too. I plan to be back here someday. Just not sure of when. I will miss my get-to-gethers with the CDers. Hopefully, I can get over to the best restaurant in Maine soon and visit the Nook & Cranny before I leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine