Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 07:14 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,134,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
The boat trip sounds great! I'll ask Lovey if she wants to go on this 3 hour tour.
That's a great line.

Now what I would like someone to tell me is how the professor could practically make a microwave oven out of a coconut, but he could never figure out how to get them off the dang island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM

7,048 posts, read 9,009,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post

It's? Seriously? Kinda amazing that I get paid to write.
You're allowed a typo every now and then. Judging by some of the tortured grammatical (mis)constructions I've been seeing in the BDN, you're still at the top of the field.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:41 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,134,354 times
Quote:
Gasp! How DARE you be human?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,624,079 times
Quote:
Better watch out there, gal! You've got one foot in apostrophe h-E-doubleL!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:11 PM

6,611 posts, read 13,451,279 times
Thanks Zymer. I have an editor to clean up behind me before an article goes to print. You can fix mistakes online but what's in print stays in print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Gasp! How DARE you be human?
To err is human so I'll be reincarnated about a dozen times to make up for the errrrrs of my way. That was bad. Very, very bad. I'm going to step away from the keyboard in just a sec and tend to supper.

I checked on my pond. It went over the bank. It has never been over filled in December and only once in the spring since being dug 12 years ago.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,372,792 times
I'm coming back that way for a weeks visit on the 29th of this month through the 7th. I've been looking at the weather reports and webcams daily with great interest. I was hoping for a little snow but I won't wish that on anybody. I have some stuff to go through while I'm there. I left rather quickly last May and stored all my stuff at my brother and sister's houses. I have a 2009 Yamaha sled and newish snow tires to sell and boxes and boxes of other stuff to go through. Oh well, I'll start the new year in Maine which can't be all bad.

It's raining around here. Over 5 inches in the next few days. The higher sierra's are getting hammered with another 8 feet of snow on top of a 10+ foot base. I don't have chains (required) anyway so I won't be going up that high.

Last weekend I rode my motorcycle down to Carmel, CA (pronounced Car-Mel). I have a cousin that has lived in Carmel, ME (pronounced Carm-al) for decades. It was 65 and sunny all weekend. Much like cousins town I'm sure.

I know it's short notice but I will have time to get to Bangor for a coffee or lunch or something. I'm full of chit-chat, gossip and useless knowledge that can be extrapolated by any of my CD friends.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:38 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,850,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I'm coming back that way for a weeks visit on the 29th of this month through the 7th. I've been looking at the weather reports and webcams daily with great interest. I was hoping for a little snow but I won't wish that on anybody. I have some stuff to go through while I'm there. I left rather quickly last May and stored all my stuff at my brother and sister's houses. I have a 2009 Yamaha sled and newish snow tires to sell and boxes and boxes of other stuff to go through. Oh well, I'll start the new year in Maine which can't be all bad.

It's raining around here. Over 5 inches in the next few days. The higher sierra's are getting hammered with another 8 feet of snow on top of a 10+ foot base. I don't have chains (required) anyway so I won't be going up that high.

Last weekend I rode my motorcycle down to Carmel, CA (pronounced Car-Mel). I have a cousin that has lived in Carmel, ME (pronounced Carm-al) for decades. It was 65 and sunny all weekend. Much like cousins town I'm sure.

I know it's short notice but I will have time to get to Bangor for a coffee or lunch or something. I'm full of chit-chat, gossip and useless knowledge that can be extrapolated by any of my CD friends.
Two words come to mind right off. The first is "bite". My BMW is in the garage hooked up to battery life support. Wish I could take a ride on it to our version of Car-mel. Wish we could get with you the 29th but can't. New Years in China Maine. Seriously, happy riding and safe flight home.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,624,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post

I'm game for lunch any Tu, We or Th that you are here. We are always in Bangor on TU....you name the time and place, I'll be there!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:44 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,139,566 times
I would love to have lunch....but we will be out of town durning that time frame.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:45 AM

6,611 posts, read 13,451,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownShoes View Post

Well I'm on the road by noon, hope I can get to the property.
How high's the water mama?
I was having breakfast in a diner with DH when he noticed NMLM sitting at a table. He was with someone I'd never seen before. I said I didn't want to interrupt the conversation so I'd speak to him when he got up to leave. A few minutes later I remembered reading the quote above and realized who was with NMLM. We finished breakfast first so I said hello while DH paid the bill.

"This is going to sound very stupid if you're not the right person but...are you ClownShoes?" Thankfully I was right but I still might think twice about doing that again. I think he could find a moose in his livingroom and be less surprised. It's a small world out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine