Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 AM

60 posts, read 90,734 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Hoping that someone knows anything about Limestone Country Club rentals on the former Loring Airforce Base.

Curious to know about the condition, how tennants are treated, or anything positive or negative.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ExCoastie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 AM

503 posts, read 1,025,358 times
The wife and I rent a four bedroom from them. Only been here since October and so far so good. The building we're in is in good shape for as old as it is. They installed a new carpet just before we moved in. Kept the driveways/roads pretty clear of snow. Heat and water is included, you pay for cable/sat, internet, electric and phone. Water is a little too chlorinated for our taste but we just put one of those water filtration things on the kitchen sink to take care of that.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 AM

60 posts, read 90,734 times
thanks so much for the reply!

Im excited to be moving back to maine. Its so nice to hear from someone that lives there.

So your experience has been positive...do they keep the place warm enough in the winter?

Again, thanks so much for such a quick reply!

Old 04-04-2010, 02:32 PM

You have your own thermostat so you can keep it as warm as you want. We kept ours around 64-68 most of the time. Kept the upstairs set to around 58. We prefer it a little cool as you can see. The have huge wood boilers out by the garage units, they usually keep those running as much as possible, there's an oil boiler in each building as backup for when the wood burns down in the boiler.

Just a side note, we've seen a few moose, deer, Canadian geese, raccoon family, several kinds of song birds and one Bald Eagle since we moved in. So if you like wildlife you'll see some here.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:11 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,651 times
There are a couple different kinds. (They used to serve different military ranks). Some are really very nice. Some are just okay. I think there are also some stand alone ranch houses. It is a good complex, all in all...........very spread out with lots of room, parking, fields, playgrounds, etc. I think it's a good location (ten minutes to Caribou).

Old 04-04-2010, 06:17 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,665,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
You have your own thermostat so you can keep it as warm as you want. We kept ours around 64-68 most of the time. Kept the upstairs set to around 58. We prefer it a little cool as you can see. The have huge wood boilers out by the garage units, they usually keep those running as much as possible, there's an oil boiler in each building as backup for when the wood burns down in the boiler.

Just a side note, we've seen a few moose, deer, Canadian geese, raccoon family, several kinds of song birds and one Bald Eagle since we moved in. So if you like wildlife you'll see some here.
Side note :We see the same thing in Freeport! No need to drive all the way to Limestone!

Last edited by Maineah; 04-04-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
We see the same thing in Freeport! No need to drive all the way to Limestone!
That may be so Maineah, but they asked about the apartments on the Loring base so I assume they're moving here, not Freeport

Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
That may be so Maineah, but they asked about the apartments on the Loring base so I assume they're moving here, not Freeport
Yes but they asked about the apartments not the wildlife!!! Sooooo...Side note! Don't get your undies in a bunch!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:29 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Yes but they asked about the apartments not the wildlife!!! Sooooo...Side note! Don't get your undies in a bunch!
Hey, don't blame FNolan for the fact that it's IMPOSSIBLe to talk about northern Maine without talking about the wildlife! lol....

Old 04-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Hey, don't blame FNolan for the fact that it's IMPOSSIBLe to talk about northern Maine without talking about the wildlife! lol....
There's plenty of wildlife all over Maine! Northern Maine may have the lock on Moose, bear and partridge but I guarantee I see more deer and turkeys in a week than you would see in Northern Maine.

Last edited by Maineah; 04-04-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine