Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 PM

9 posts, read 17,919 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
At the beginning of June, 2010, my husband and I will be moving to our home in Princeton on a permanent basis. We've been remodeling this home and now we're ready for a change. I've been looking for employment opportunities in Princeton/Calais area. I have a Masters in Social Work degree and have been in the medical field for several years. I have also worked in education and disability fields. What are the job prospects in the area. I seriously open to career change as well. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by msw599; 04-26-2010 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM

277 posts, read 887,051 times
I'm not real familiar with that area, but I do know that the job market is pretty tight right now here in Maine. There are a lot of people looking for jobs and they just can't get them because everything is closing. My advice is to search hard from now until you get here because you may have a very hard time finding work. You may want to make sure you have a back up plan so that incase you can't find work you have something to fall back on...

I hope your able to find something that you enjoy and I'm sure you'll have a great time here in Maine!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM

6,611 posts, read 13,450,372 times
St. Criox Regional Family Heath Center and Calais Regional Hospital are options. SCRFHC is in Princeton. Our doctors and FNP is there. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Thank you cdodge04 for your input and well wishes. I've actually spent most of my life in So. NH but have travel to Maine often and love it all. Boothbay Harbor is one of my most enjoyable places to visit as is Bar Harbor.

And thank you Maine Writer. I have sent a resume to St. Criox and Calais Region in hope of staying in the medical field. But due to the economic situation there in Washington County I am hoping to have other opportunities to look into. Any advice I can get from anyone in that area is going to help me in same manner I am sure. So thank you both again. As depressing area as Princeton appears to be, I love the Sportmen's Paradise and look forward to getting back to some simple living with my husband.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 PM

Thank you Maureen in Knox Co.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,772 times
I grew up in Princeton. I used to live next to the post office. The house has since been torn down. Used to like eating at the Hungry tiger takeout at the public area. Loved swimming in the lake too.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM

RCCRFAN, we have moved to Princeton and live across street from Machais Savings Bank, next to Mr. Hanson's garage, so not to far from where you lived. No Hungry Tiger, but there is a little street vendor who sells lunch. Also a new pizza place has moved into where Paula's Pizza use to be. Haven't gone into lake yet but love picnicing there as its just so nice. Have checked out some of the lakes but too many to do all at once. Life is different here but we are enjoying it nonetheless.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,772 times
I havent been up there since the early 1990's so Im sure alot has changed (if thats even possible) :-)
We are planning to stay at the Lakeside cabins next July for a week. Figure I would bring my 2 year old son to see. I remember when the cabins were owned by the Tripps. We used to take the dirt road to Clifford lake although I have since forgotten how to get there. I will plan on going again to Clifford next July though.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:43 PM

846 posts, read 1,009,654 times
MSW599 Were you able to secure employment in the Human Service field? I'm happy for you that your settled in. I was in Maine last week. We will be there sometime after my wife retires next year.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM

6,611 posts, read 13,450,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw599 View Post
RCCRFAN, we have moved to Princeton and live across street from Machais Savings Bank, next to Mr. Hanson's garage, so not to far from where you lived. No Hungry Tiger, but there is a little street vendor who sells lunch. Also a new pizza place has moved into where Paula's Pizza use to be. Haven't gone into lake yet but love picnicing there as its just so nice. Have checked out some of the lakes but too many to do all at once. Life is different here but we are enjoying it nonetheless.
I had supper there Tuesday night. Welcome to the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine