Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,189,619 times

Advertisements

I cant beleave no one has said it so i will.
Happy memorial day to all our vetrans here and well and to the ones who fell.i love my country strong and true it wouldnt be any thing with out you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM

7,486 posts, read 10,450,529 times
Ranger stole my thunder, but I'll echo his sentiments. We owe a world of gratitude to all our vets. Too bad we only have one day to tell them! Actually, DW and I go out of our way to thank any service member we meet, for his or her service to this great country.

I want to wish you all a very Happy Memorial Day, whether you are going to a parade, having a cook-out, or just tossing a few back! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM

2,490 posts, read 3,389,896 times
Thank you to all the United States military veterans. I am grateful for your service to our country.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 PM

134 posts, read 513,494 times
We want to thank all those that have served and are currently serving. Both retired Air Force veterans, my wife and I often mention how folks here in Maine repeatedly will say thank you when they learn of our 20+ year service and we are touched by the gesture. A beautiful day to be an American and a beautiful day to be one living in Maine.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM

47,948 posts, read 21,921,471 times
I recognize and honor all the veterans and am mindful of the sacrifices made by them and their loved ones.

Men and women of all religions, races, nationalities and sexual orientation..who love America and have been prepared to make the supreme sacrifice to defend and promote the values and principles on which she was founded.

Thank You and God Bless You.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:02 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,079,288 times
thank you to all the veterans, they gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect this country.

A few years back, i was talking with a foreign exchange student, i asked her what she thought of this area, and what was the biggest differences between her homeland life and here-she stated "i don't think you Americans realize how good you have it" i replied- you are right, many of us don't know the difference, however, the freedoms and quality of life we enjoy today, are only possible because of so many died for it- in most family trees, you will find veterans that served, or died to protect our freedoms.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:35 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,380,086 times
As I have been riding across the country on my motorcycle all this Memorial Day Weekend and ending up in the middle of the country in Mitchell, South Dakota tonight, I have to thank all the veterans for the opportunity to ride state to state to state and never having to show papers. I can go wherever I want. I can stay wherever I want. I can eat wherever I want. I can wear a helmet if I want. I can go to any park I want. Any lake, theater, library, church, coffee house or sports bar. I can spend the day in bed or helping at a soup kitchen. I can play a sport or watch tv all day. I can read a book or stare at a wall. I can work hard or I can work very little. I can vote and get involed or let others decide. I can complain and I can commend. All because of liberty. I take my liberties often and not for granted. Thanks for your service to America.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:54 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,602,796 times
I brought my son's family to the graves of Pvt Benjamin Bowers and his wife. Ben served in the Revolutionary War and died in 1834. I found his grave in the woods a few years ago. The owner of the land did not know the graves were there. His wife, Sabrina, is beside him. She died in 1835.

Never forget. Never, ever forget.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:15 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,189,619 times
only 7 ppl replied?nice way remember.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:45 PM

6,621 posts, read 13,486,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
only 7 ppl replied?nice way remember.
A lot of people were out at parades, park concerts, listening to speakers and doing other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: