Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 AM

168 posts, read 505,793 times

Advertisements

Hello Maine,

My family and I are planning a trip to Maine Early fall ish. Looking for a resort type place that has separate cottages (would prefer to not be in a hotel). Anyways after some searching I found Sebasco and it looks pretty nice. I wanted to see if anyone had any insight about Sebasco or any other recommendations that I should consider. We have never been to Maine so I would like to get the "Maine experience" Thanks in advance for your advice. Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM

249 posts, read 824,886 times
So sorry I missed this post until now. I traveled to Sebasco Harbor Resort the first time on a business trip. I compared it to living on the set of Dirty Dancing, with the separate cottages and the main dining hall. I loved it and have returned many time since.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:46 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZEP View Post
Hello Maine,

My family and I are planning a trip to Maine Early fall ish. Looking for a resort type place that has separate cottages (would prefer to not be in a hotel). Anyways after some searching I found Sebasco and it looks pretty nice. I wanted to see if anyone had any insight about Sebasco or any other recommendations that I should consider. We have never been to Maine so I would like to get the "Maine experience" Thanks in advance for your advice. Brian
Boy, I missed this one too. Resurrected from June; whew. I'd have to say that going to a resort is not getting the "Maine experience". They are usually full of tourists with sweaters around their necks talking of how quaint the area is. No, there is nothing wrong with that at all. Done it myself sans sweater. Any real experiance begins by leaving I-95 and heading up Rt 1 or across Rt 2 and finding a set of cottages or the like.

Resorts are great for getting away and relaxing. There's a great one we go to in New Brunswick. But we also love the cabins just north of Freeport on Rt 1.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Early fall-ish has come and gone hasn't it??? I think the OP has has their vacation by now. Digging up old posts is one thing but when the whole point is moot as the time frame has clearly passed there is no point in making a comment.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:44 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Sure there is. It got #2 on here to post. Then I posted about seeing the "real Maine" and then you chimed in. THen figure someone else may see it and get the thread going again. I've seen older posts come back and run on for pages and I've seen others that the OP just bailed on. None of those were moot either. Not anymore than any others. Someone will probaly get something from it. (smirk)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine