Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:17 PM

49 posts, read 148,652 times

Advertisements

I too say look seriously at Cecil County. Very pretty county with rivers, beaches, and natural areas but also good quality health care (we prefer Union Hopsital to the Christiana complex in DE) and services. The county seat is Elkton and you are never treated like a number by any of the town admin folks on everything from water bills to the post office, they know your name and talk to you reasonably about what ever the issue. Housing prices are reasonable and despite DE's tax free claims, you'll wind up with a better value in Cecil County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 AM

9 posts, read 14,949 times
I am looking to relocate in the area, but I'm looking for adult communities, quite and safe. Any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmax View Post
I am looking to relocate in the area, but I'm looking for adult communities, quite and safe. Any suggestions?
I missed your $200K budget in your other thread. That puts you in the "starter" range for townhouses. Many will likely be occupied by young families. Perhaps if you shop carefully for places with only two bedrooms, you can find something suitable in Belair or Havre de Grace.

Otherwise, I strongly suggest looking at condos if you want primarily adult neighbors. For example, the ones on Secretariat Way in Bulle Rock. They are about 1600 SF with 2 bedrooms, and are priced around $175K.

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-05-2013 at 11:02 AM..

Old 06-22-2013, 06:02 AM

Default Relocating

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpearce View Post
I have been a Harford County and Baltimore County native for 28years and I can tell you everything you need to know about living here. If you are looking for low crime, stay away from Edgewood, Aberdeen, Havre de Grace. If you are looking for convenience to shopping try Belair or Fallston (because Fallston is located between White Marsh and Belair, so you get the best of both malls. The best schools in Harford County (according to test scores) is Fallston schools, followed by Belair and C. Milton Wright.
Now, Fallston is mostly on well water but there is one community in Fallston that is on public water. It's called "Fallston Crossing". The roads are: Milton Ave, Fallston Meadow Ct., and Fallston View Ct. zip code is: 21047. Moderator cut: advertising
I hope this helps you and good luck on your job transfer and home search.
I am new to this posting. I am looking for an area to purchase a townhouse in a nice quite and safe area.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 AM

I am looking to relocate from Toms River, NJ to a safe quite area near APG,MD. I want to purchase a townhouse in an area that's not kid friendly preferably. Please help!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I am looking to relocate from Toms River, NJ to a safe quite area near APG,MD. I want to purchase a townhouse in an area that's not kid friendly preferably. Please help!!!
Is you budget still $200K ? If so, I repeat my suggestion of the condos in Bulle Rock. If you find a townhouse community in that price range, it will be full of yound families.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:49 AM

No, 200K is not my budget. Also, Bulle Rock HOA fees are outrages.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
No, 200K is not my budget. Also, Bulle Rock HOA fees are outrages.
What is your budget? Are you eligible for 55+ housing? What are you willing to pay for HOA or condo fees? How far are you willing to commute to APG?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM

373 posts, read 644,081 times
I would not move anywhere close to the route 40 corridor.

I would be willing to sell you my townhouse. I am in the Forest Hill area. 20 minutes to APG but a good, safe area . Once we move out their will be no kids on our block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland