Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,096 times

Advertisements

We're planning to head up to Ocean City in early August for a weekend vacation and we were looking into hotels that allow pets since we want to bring our small dog. Is anyone familiar with any hotels preferably on the boardwalk or even nearby? We found a place called the Safari but I was wondering if there are any other places that we may have missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,940,556 times
I don't know where any of these are, but Dog, Cat & Other Pet Friendly Hotels at Petswelcome.com has a lot listed:

Ocean City, MD

Comfort Suites 12718 Ocean Gateway
Policy:
Fee: $35. All sizes and pets welcome.
Rates: Single: $160, Double: $180

Courtyard Ocean City
2 15th Street 21842
410-289-5008

Georgia Belle Motel Suites & Lodge
12000 Coastal Highway 21842
410-250-4000
Policy: Fee: $25 for stay. No pets in July and August. No size restrictions.
Rates: Vary monthly, call for latest rates.

Parrot Lagoon Townhouses
407 North Philadelphia Ave. 21842
866-641-5930
Policy: Fee: $50, nonrefundable. All size dogs and cats only.
POI: Ocean City Beach/Boardwalk, Assateague Island

Barefoot Mailman Motel
16 35th Street 21842
800-395-3668

Fenwick Inn
13801 Coastal Highway 21842
410-250-1100

Windjammer Apartment Motel
46th St. & Oceanfront 20842
410-289-9409

Here's more information:

DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Ocean City, Maryland

Make sure you're aware that dogs are not allowed on the beaches or the boardwalk during the summer!!!

Quote:
Dogs are only allowed during certain times of the year on this city beach. Pets are not allowed on the beach or boardwalk at any time from May 1 through September 30. The rest of the year, dogs are allowed on the beach and boardwalk, but must be on leash and people must clean up after them.
We chose to vacation in Cape May, NJ where there is a dog friendly beach--much more fun than leaving our pup locked in the hotel room all day.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 16,411 times
this is true. I wonder if Rehobeth or Bethany beach which are both lcose have simular policies?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,929,198 times
I stayed with my pup in April of this year @ the Clarion Fontainebleau in Ocean City, MD. Here's a link Ocean City, Maryland Hotels - Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel It was 101st st right on the beach. They have a very small area where you can walk your dog, but like others posted, dogs aren't allowed on the beach or boardwalk during the busy season. It was ok, but the pet rooms are upper level with a tiny (not dog friendly at all) balcony. So you definitely have to take your dog down through the lobby for outside play/needs.

One of my friends just stayed in Rehoboth--not sure which hotel--but she put her dog in doggie daycare during the day at Doggies at the Beach www.doggiesatthebeach.com . It's cage free and they have live video cams so you can see your dog on the web. She raved about it. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning to head down there next month and use it.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:56 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,333,924 times
I tried to look into doing this as well. In DE I think there are parts of Cape Henlopen State Park and Delaware Seashore State Park where dogs are still allowed over the summer.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 AM

19 posts, read 58,452 times
Let me tell you in Ocean city hotels are not the way to go. My friends an i do a few trips down there every year. The way to go is rent a condo or a house. it is usually cheaper and much nicer then a hotel, also and this way you have a full kitchen, laundry room and much more amenities then a hotel can offer. I use the coldwell banker vacation website (Vacation rentals in Ocean City, MD, Bethany Beach, DE, Ocean Pines, MD - Coldwell Banker Vacations) to scout out places that i like and then call the realtor whom i have worked with many times in the past (Lynn Patterson) that handles rental units. I have her call the owners of these units and have her nogociate prices and the days we want. None of us usually have time to take off the whole week so even though the website shows prices, and availability for only full weeks doesn't me you have to book it for that long. Im telling you this is the way to go in OC and i will never again stay in a hotel. If you have any questions or need help with anything please feel free to message me on here.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:00 PM

99 posts, read 328,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
We're planning to head up to Ocean City in early August for a weekend vacation and we were looking into hotels that allow pets since we want to bring our small dog. Is anyone familiar with any hotels preferably on the boardwalk or even nearby? We found a place called the Safari but I was wondering if there are any other places that we may have missed.
Hi we always stay at the Barefoot mailman and the owner has dogs so he doesnt mind if you leave the pet in your room and it barks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland