Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,805 times

Advertisements

My company has recently told me that they have me "penciled" in for an Aberdeen relocation. I have never relocated before. I'm also that special kind of poor that hasn't gotten into enough trouble to qualify for gov't assistance (housing or otherwise). I would appreciate any advice on the process as well as this area.

1) I've been trying to get an idea what a 1 bdrm. apartment will run me and the cheapest I've found on the net is $900. What I've read tells me the cost of living for Aberdeen is cheaper than where I'm coming from, but not if the cheapest is $900 for a 1 bdrm. I don't need to live in Aberdeen just as close as possible. So any recomendations on where to look for a cheap apt. would be appreciated.

2) What newspaper best covers the area? It looks as if it would be the Frederick Post or Baltimore Sun, but Iwas hoping for something a little more localized.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM

770 posts, read 3,679,796 times
Maryland is very expensive to live. I do not know where you are coming from but chances are Maryland is just as expensive if not more. There is a lot of crime in MAryland and to put it honestly the cheaper you go with rent the chance of you being caught up in the middle of it. Just a food for thought. However, you could try looking in north Maryland and maybe east side of MD. You could also try the Baltimore Sun, you can contact realtors(most of the time people pay them to take care of the properties) or you can check Craigslist.com

Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 PM

131 posts, read 693,340 times
The Aegis is our local paper here. Unfortunately to access it online requires a subscription. The Aegis

Your cheapest apartments will likely be on what's called the "Route 40 Corridor" which includes Aberdeen, Havre de Grace, Edgewood, etc... That's where you have to watch your neighborhoods. It gets more expensive as move west in the county.

You might want to check in Cecil County too which is just to the north or Harford. There are likely some less expensive apartments up there and the drive to Aberdeen isn't bad.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:00 AM

3 posts, read 8,678 times
Good info ... don't forget the local paper in Cecil county - The Whig ... I have a friend that is presently putting his end of group townhouse in North East, Md in the rental market ... $1200/mth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland