Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 05:05 PM

318 posts, read 762,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshark75 View Post
The point is not that people are speeding on purpose. If the police set up anywhere else on that road there would be no problem. Its that they sit at the bottom of a steep hill and pull people over for speeding downhill. I don't know how slow you would need to be going to not exceed 35 when you hit the slope but you gain at least 10mph thanks to gravity going down that hill if you don't ride the brakes. Its a blatant speed trap plain and simple.

Hmmm, Police located in areas where people violate the speed limit the most....... imagine that

Instead of blaming gravity, maybe you should pay more attention to your surroundings and your speedometer?

Remember people... it's not a "speed trap" if you're like most and abide by the rules of the road .... driving is a privilege not a right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,915 times
I'M SO HURT TO HEAR HOMELESS AND GANGS ARE CREEPING IN OMG WERE DO WE LIVE IT'S ALWAYS BEEN HOMELESS PEOPLE ANG GANG MEMBERS IN HOWARD COUNTY. I AM SOME WHAT HOMELESS BUT I DON'T GO OUT BREAKING THE LAW ANYMORE I WANT TO HELP HOWARD COUNTY STOP COVERING THEIR PROBLEMS IN DEAL WITH THESE LITTLE THINGS THAT THEY ALLOW TO GET OUT OF CONTROL BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THE PROBLEM.I USE TO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM BY STEALING AND USING DRUGS BUT I WISED UP TO KNOW LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER ON THE OTHERSIDE BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT HOWARD COUNTY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PROGRAMS OUT HERE TO HELP PEOPLE OF MYSELF AND OTHERS BECAUSE THEY WANT COVER UP THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE PROBLEMS AT HAND. MY NAME IS CRYSTAL BLACKWELL CAN BE REACHED AT crystalblackwell44@yahoo.com IF YOU NEED HELP ON HOW TO START SOME PROGRAMS FOR DRUG ADDICTS,HOMELESS,AND GANG PROBLEMS THANK YOU

Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,182 times
Quote:
You wouldn't believe the crap the police in Columbia deal with...actually a lot of people think there's no major crime in Columbia. There are a lot of hot spots for drugs and along with that comes the shootings, prostitution houses, and rape/assault/robbery. The homeless and gangs are creeping in from the cities, too. Laurel Woods Elementary has been tagged for about 2 years now by two rival gangs. I don't want to hear people saying the police have nothing to do...
Please. This is the reason why the police in Howard County are out of control. Sheltered scardey cats overfund the police force. The biggest gang in Howard County is the police. A lot of people in Howard County have no concept that it is actually extremely safe. You want to see you real crime go to Baltimore or PG County. As far as gangs in Columbia don't make me laugh. The gang element in Howard County is miniscule compared to PG and Baltimore. You would crap yourself if you went to any big city in California and would have to inevitably see real gang bangers overhear their scary gangster conversations about shootouts and ride public transportation and share sidewalk space with them everyday.

Quote:
so what theres 1 murder every other year.....thats the job they signed up to do....they'd rather antogonize average citizens then focus on the handful of wannabees parading around doing the stuff you claim is going on in Columbia, md....
I agree. My mother lives in Columbia and it was the first place we moved to from San Francisco. Even though I am pushing 30, I am much younger than I look. I often get pulled over by the police in Columbia whenever I am driving in that town. They've illegally searched my person and my car before on the grounds that I "looked suspicious". The police in Howard County are out of control. They are known for harassing innocent regular citizens. That is the reason why the police department has been sued multiple times. Most notably, an acquaintance of my mine who works at the barbershop in Long Reach was knocked out and pretty much beaten up by the police at his father's funeral in Jessup this year. He is suing the HoCo police dept for 50 million dollars. I hope he wins.

Columbia Man Files $50 Million Maryland Police Brutality Lawsuit Against Howard County Police :: Maryland Accident Law Blog

I think Howard County police are very aggressive towards what they consider to be undesirable looking people. Howard County is all about image. Not a blade of grass is out of place. Howard County is supposed to be a place for rich/well off folks and their kids and no one else. So they definitely don't like to see young minorities that they think look like "thugs" or people who look poor.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,915 times
I think howard county police don't want to give young minorities a chance i think they rather go live in d.c or baltimore where they think thugs should be but most th e time these little rich kids that parents give them everything are the worst ones. Our drug problem start with these little rich kids.someone needs to look into the howard county police to see who they target the most

Old 10-30-2010, 11:48 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

They have searched my car after a regular traffic stop on the grounds that my "hands were shaking and I appeared to be nervous" last time I checked I cant control an autonomous function of my nervous system

Old 10-30-2010, 01:18 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
My religion prevents me from WISHING bad things happen to bad cops. But.....that's the only thing that does. And even THAT is tested from time to time.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:56 PM

Wow some people on here need to learn their rights, specifically the 4th amendment. I seriously doubt anyone on here has "truly" been violated by HCPD and if so shame on you for not making it an issue other than on an online forum.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs_bg View Post
Wow some people on here need to learn their rights, specifically the 4th amendment. I seriously doubt anyone on here has "truly" been violated by HCPD and if so shame on you for not making it an issue other than on an online forum.

No I swear I was searched bc I "appeared to be nervous"...I was also stopped one time after failing to use turn signal...AFter the officer let me off with a warning(whole time leaning through the window practically in the car looking for any propable cause" he asked if I knew of any stolen property in the neighborhood.....Im thinking like hell no I work everday why would I know but if I did know why would I sit here and chat with you about it like best friends?...........Idiot

Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
No I swear I was searched bc I "appeared to be nervous"...I was also stopped one time after failing to use turn signal...AFter the officer let me off with a warning(whole time leaning through the window practically in the car looking for any propable cause" he asked if I knew of any stolen property in the neighborhood.....Im thinking like hell no I work everday why would I know but if I did know why would I sit here and chat with you about it like best friends?...........Idiot
You were searched because you gave the officer consent to search you, not because you appeared nervous. The conversation probably went something like this:

Officer: You appear to be nervous, do you have anything illegal in your vehicle?
boreatwork: No I don't have anything in my vehicle.
Officer: Well if that's the case you don't mind if I check do you?
boreatwork: Ok.

You could have said: "No, I don't want you to search my vehicle". Then the officer wouldn't be able to search your vehicle unless he had probable cause or some sort of exigency to do so. Don't blame the officer because you waived YOUR 4th amendment rights.

And what's wrong with an officer asking if you know about stolen property in the neighborhood? Maybe someone is burglarizing homes where you live and the officer wants to find out who it is or if anyone has seen anything suspicious. Wouldn't you want that type of proactive police work done if someone stole your property????

So how exactly were you violated by HCPD again?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM

130 posts, read 362,417 times
Default Sigh....

Here.

Go *here* Howard County Police Department: Daily Crime Report and read the local police blotters to see what's going on in Columbia/ HoCo.

Columbia's got about 100k residents. Yeah there's crime...show me an area with that large a polulation that doesn't. But:

1) It's not a bunch of bored redneck cops with nothing better to do, and
2) It's not South Central LA, or inner city "Balmer" where the average citizen has to cower in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland