Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:52 AM

382 posts, read 1,206,033 times

Advertisements

I don't think you'll have to worry about the stink bugs in April. They should be outside at that time and won't be trying to get back in. Late summer/early fall is the time they will be looking to get in. We sprayed around our windows in September with something recommended by Southern States and they weren't nearly as bad for us this year. Don't know if that had anything to do with it as we were also more careful about keeping the windows tightly closed and we trimmed the trees close to the house. For some people this year was worse.

For swimming, Columbia Association offers summer classes at their outdoor pools and the Columbia Swim Center (Wilde Lake) has classes year round. There is also the Y near Rts 29 and 100 in EC. There is so much to choose from with dance, serious ballet schools, and large schools that offer everything - it depends on what you're interested in. Most dance schools will be in the Columbia area and there shouldn't be any need to go further than that. I have personal experience with several dance schools, so feel free to pm me if you like. Also, the Columbia village centers offer classes for kids Check out the one in River Hill - they will probably have something.

Check out the Columbia Association summer camps. CA Camps

The Columbia lakefront has a lot of free summer activities, including outdoor concerts and movies. Here is the lakefront calendar for last summer - it will give you an idea. http://www.lakefrontfestival.com/wor...lender2010.pdf

Last edited by newhart; 03-19-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 PM

24 posts, read 65,969 times
Thank you, thank you! I will check these out right after the move. I'm in a crunch of the move shedule now. Just happned to look for somehitng the other days & saw some more answers on this thread!

I will definitely PM you in a few weeks to get more details of the dance schools. I check out a few in Columbia but have no idea which one I should send our 4 yrs old girl. It is the whole yr commitment. She is taking the ballet & tap dance here since July & love it!

K.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM

764 posts, read 1,657,121 times
If you don't want a whole year committment for classes (music, dance, art, sports, etc.) sign up for a class through the Howard County Rec dept. They're usually 6-8 weeks long, so you won't spend $500 for a year class and then have to fight (or bribe) the 4yr old to keep attending in November. Also, a link for Baltimore's child - covers activities in HoCo.
www.co.ho.md.us/RAP/
www.baltimoreschild.com

Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Thanks for the tip about the Rec. That is a great idea to test out the class before committing the whole year! I did that on the ballet class for my daughter when she was just 3. She loves it, still remember the teacher's name. Then took a summer class w/ some studio while waiting for the preferred studio opens in the Fall. It worked out well because we were able to come & observe the class for 30'!

BTW, any one know which magazine has the top Doctor list in HoCo? It used to be Columbia magazine then Howard magazine. But now I could not find any. They had Baltimore magazine but then 90% of the Docs R in Baltimore--of course!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 AM

17 posts, read 27,178 times
hello, we are also moving to Clarksville from Elkridge because my daughter will be starting kindergarten. we were able to find a rental for $2250 and we signed a two year lease. Maybe our kids will be in the same class. If you reply to this post, please let me know if you want me to PM you. Good Luck.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamones View Post
hello, we are also moving to Clarksville from Elkridge because my daughter will be starting kindergarten. we were able to find a rental for $2250 and we signed a two year lease. Maybe our kids will be in the same class. If you reply to this post, please let me know if you want me to PM you. Good Luck.
Hi,

Yes, PM me but I'm in the middle of packing & get all those moving process going (car rental, renting our house, transporting the cars, parties for the kids, taking them to Legoland, etc.); therefore, it may take me a while to reply.

K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland