Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM

182 posts, read 243,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaMarylandPers View Post
Well when I lived in California, most people there referred to Maryland as "DC" and not Maryland, lol. DC was Maryland land, so I can see where that came from. Maryland is known for their blue crabs and sailing. I've heard that Annapolis is one of the top sailing places out there. Most people that aren't from Maryland think that Baltimore is our capital, and not Annapolis. (Kind of how a lot of people think LA is the capital of CA when its actually Sacramento). A lot of people also know Maryland as being very affluent. So to sum it up, Maryland is known for Baltimore, sailing, crabs, rich people, and DC.
Maryland is the richest state in the union.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04fa361d99639
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 07:55 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,292,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post

Oh, and there are three NFL teams we can root for. Hagerstown and west is firmly Steeler's Country, with Ravens and Redskins fan in the minority.
Amen to that brother!

Old 01-19-2018, 09:55 PM

84 posts, read 76,424 times
Quote:
You can get good crabs and other seafood out here if know where to look. Some folks love it, like a MDer should. Many don't though, we are more a soup beans and baked steak type region with some pepperoni rolls thrown in for good measure.

Oh, and there are three NFL teams we can root for. Hagerstown and west is firmly Steeler's Country, with Ravens and Redskins fan in the minority.
you're actuallly right about the steelers comment. I dO see a lot of that when Im out there.

Its kinda weird when you think about it. How can a Marylander be proud of being a Steelers fan?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 AM

32,757 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitty View Post
you're actuallly right about the steelers comment. I dO see a lot of that when Im out there.

Its kinda weird when you think about it. How can a Marylander be proud of being a Steelers fan?
It's no different than running into Cowboys fan everywhere.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:40 PM

6,913 posts, read 11,162,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's no different than running into Cowboys fan everywhere.
Once you get to Cumberland, you are closer both geographically and culturally closer to Pittsburgh than either Baltimore or Washington............and there is another hour or so of Western Maryland past that. Folks in Garrett County are officially part of the Pittsburgh media market, not Baltimore/Washington.

Steelers fans are the majority here, according to a poll done by our local newspaper, and my own observations. We have Cowboys fans too, like anywhere, but this is Steelers Country..........much to the chagrin of this Ravens fan.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:11 AM

32,757 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Quote:
Once you get to Cumberland, you are closer both geographically and culturally closer to Pittsburgh than either Baltimore or Washington............and there is another hour or so of Western Maryland past that. Folks in Garrett County are officially part of the Pittsburgh media market, not Baltimore/Washington.

Steelers fans are the majority here, according to a poll done by our local newspaper, and my own observations. We have Cowboys fans too, like anywhere, but this is Steelers Country..........much to the chagrin of this Ravens fan.
My nephew went to IUP, then grad school in Pitt.

My family in NEPA was split between the Steelers and Eagles. Dad was a Dolphins fan for a couple of years way back when. My son was born in NC, so sometimes he likes the Panthers.

The important thing is, the Eagles completely laid waste to the Vikings tonight. One point for PA. This belongs to the entire state. It also belongs to every surrounding state. I hope that everyone in NJ, DE, and MD wants to... the Patriots back side.

Sorry for being off topic.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:34 PM

84 posts, read 76,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My nephew went to IUP, then grad school in Pitt.

My family in NEPA was split between the Steelers and Eagles. Dad was a Dolphins fan for a couple of years way back when. My son was born in NC, so sometimes he likes the Panthers.

The important thing is, the Eagles completely laid waste to the Vikings tonight. One point for PA. This belongs to the entire state. It also belongs to every surrounding state. I hope that everyone in NJ, DE, and MD wants to... the Patriots back side.

Sorry for being off topic.

Nah Philly yall hold that cause we arent gonna support that L yall are about to take.

Let it be known. The Pats dont bully the Ravens like they do the Squeelers and the rest if the league.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:47 PM

151 posts, read 145,972 times
Md in my circle is known for crime, ocean city, ghetto Baltimore and failed liberal policies. Just being honest.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:12 PM

2,740 posts, read 2,372,570 times
for me and my peers, Maryland is Baltimore, HBCUs, middle class black people, Ocean City, and seafood

Old 01-22-2018, 07:57 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,613,854 times
My home state is Virginia. I dislike Maryland, although Frederick is not bad. Maryland would shrivel up and blow away without all the federal dollars that flow into the state. The five richest counties in the nation are all centered around D.C., 4 of them in northern Va. and one in Maryland, but Virginia also has a lot of industry and high tech compared to Maryland. I'd leave if it wasn't for my wife's connections (family, friends, medical community) to this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland