Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:45 PM

7 posts, read 9,963 times

Advertisements

Please read and comment with your opinion and then I will tell you what happened, and why I need suggestions. Thank you
If u were bullied & you report it does it stop?
When you are bullied and intimidated and you finally get around to reporting it, does the bullying and intimidation stop, or still continue?
And if you are boxed in or cornered in and being beat on at what point do you defend yourself? And if the bully is suspended after all was reported, why would you get suspended with the bully? Which is actually assult and one defending themself. And if you speak out against this error as to why you defended yourself, are you threatened by charges of the states attorney for disrupting school? Why should the school sugest to roll up in a ball laying down on the floor while being continuously kicked and beat with the hopes for someone of authority to break it up? Thus for recieving medical injurys that could exceed to head injuries, neck shoulder and back trauma, broken arms legs ribs , etc.... Note this, nobody should fight in school, school is a place for learning. but note this as well, bullying intimidation or physical attacks is not how you learn in school. We are interested in your opinion to these statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
It stopping could depend on how hard the punishment is on the bully. If it's hard enough (I'd think a suspension should've done it), then I'd think they would stop. If not, it might just make them bully the person more. Usually both people involved in a fight at a school will get suspended, no matter who started it. Tough break I guess but that's the way it is.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:05 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
I say put your child in karate or boxing. This is girl or boy. I fear these kids will be bullied to the grave. The school system should do a better job, but it isn't.

My nephew is being bullied. His mom has visited the school countless times. Nothing has happen and I believe nothing will. He's at the point where he doesn't want to attend school.

My suggestion was to enroll him into boxing. Allow the chips to fall where they may. Welcome your child home, when he/she is suspended.

Good Luck.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:45 PM

39 posts, read 41,199 times
Enroll them in boxing.
Trust me things are just going to get worse until they fight back AND win.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM

My daughter finally did fight back and this is what happened: 
My daughter goes to catcotin high, for aprox a month she had a girl bullying her, threatning her, sending text death threats as well as text treats to rearange her face, this girl was telling everyone in school that she was going to beat my daughter up or kill her. During this period of time my daughter and this girl went to the guidence counsler and the girl apoligised and admitted to the treats, guidence did nothing but send them both bck to class two days later they were both back in front of the same guidence counsler, the girl then admited to the text death treats that were read to the guidence counsler, he did not call me, he did not tell the schol resourse officer of report it to admin. he just said dont do that and sent them back to class. My daughter was afraid to tell me. Well after 1 month of all this finally the girl followed my kid into the cafeteria, boxed her in so she couldnt get out, the pushed her and punched her in the face, my daughter then fought back, this girl and my daughter were allowed to fight for 6 to 10 min according to 23 other students I have statements from, while that same guidence counsler watched and did nothing. I was told this by multible students, When another student tried to break it up after all that time that is when all of a sudden that counsler yelled at the student trying to break it up to stop, that is when the counsler finally broke it up. I dont know what to do they both got suspended for 5 days and I dont know what to do about it I'm afraid it will happen again.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:30 PM

39 posts, read 41,199 times
At least she stood up for herself.
If the girl wants to keep fighting your daughter thats when it has to be handled differently.
But this time she actually fought back so the other girl may leave her alone now that she nows what will happen next time.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Sorry, but she has to continue to fight back. Get your daughter a new phone or number.

Ask for a parent/teacher meeting. Meeting the girl's parents.

Talk to the police. Ask for their advice in this matter.

The same thing is happening to my nephew. The boy followed him home, tho. They fought at a neighborhood store. The teacher knew the boy was going to fight him. The entire school knew.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM

I believe you right about fighting back, the school don't think so though, and your suggestion about going to the partnts is a great one thank you. as far as going to the police.... well I tried that, and
unfortunatly, When I reported it to the police, they said that if we persue it then they will end up charging both girls crimanally with disrupting school, so then even though my daughter has never had anything like this on her record, and prior to this incident the school has said that my daughter gets along with everyone and is friendly and not a troublmaker. My daughter also has been a junior volenteer firefighter from the time she was old enough to do it, and has become certified in cpr, she is interested in making a future for herself not making a record for herself, but then all because she fought back (and I agree she should defend herself) she got a 5 day suspention on her school record now, and if we persue it leagally she will then have a juvinille legal record, because they said that she hit back, instead of curling up in a ball and getting beat on until someone of authority broke it up so they cant charge the other girl without charging my daughter, even though the other girl hit and pushed first. Oh and the guidence counsler who logged this in his notes about the death threats and the fight threats to my daughter from the other girl, that guidence counsler, who is also the same one who let the fight go on for up to 10 min, talked to me once on the phone when I called to ask why he didnt tell me or the police, and he said he didnt report it or call me cause he thought there would be no more problems, not once but twice, he also denied how long the fight lasted despite all the witnesses, well after our one conversation, I called back to talk to the guidence counsler again with more questions, could not get him, and then had a metting with the school and I can no longer talk to him cause he has'nt been in for about the last 5 days, he left the day after our one and only conversation pertaining to this incident, and they don't know when he will be back the principal and the school resourse officer say that he had a personal tragity and thats all they can say....??

Old 02-27-2011, 01:39 PM

This is horrable that this was allowed to happen to your nephew, I hope that your nephew tought him not to do that anymore, the teachers and the schools really need to do something about this.... our children should be protected when they go to a place to learn, I wish that somehow we could ban together and change things, the school should'nt punish kids for defending themself against an attack, the law should,nt either, what's next cause it would be like if someone wanted to rob or rape a full grown woman, would they have us ball up and take it? If we fought back.. would we be charged???

Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snitch View Post
Enroll them in boxing.
Trust me things are just going to get worse until they fight back AND win.
Agreed.

You can report it and action may be taken against the bully. That is fine except your kid is left with the tag of being a tattle tale or a baby- the equivalent of a rat in a prison.

In fact, the playground is somewhat analagous to the prison. A bully inevitably emerges and the best thing for the kid is to stand up to them and try to take them out. It sends a message and the bully moves on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: