Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 02:30 PM

7 posts, read 23,529 times

Advertisements

Hi,
A friend of mine who lives in Oklahoma just got a job in Bowie, MD. She is very interested to live in Annapolis area and asked me how the commute is during rush hour between Annapolis and Bowie (through US50/ US301).

I am not very familiar with Annapolis & Bowie since I live in College Park. Can anyone tell me how this commute is?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 AM

56 posts, read 153,685 times
It's not that bad. I live in southern Anne Arundel County right on the Prince George's border, so my job in Bowie is only 10 minutes away. Some of the guys I work with live in Annapolis and commute to Bowie every day. However, if I worked in Bowie and had my choice between the two, I would rather live in Bowie. The housing prices are roughly the same or cheaper in Bowie and the commute will be shorter. If you work in Bowie, there's no real reason to live in Annapolis unless you have a boat.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM

503 posts, read 802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Guy View Post
If you work in Bowie, there's no real reason to live in Annapolis unless you have a boat.
Or would like avoiding the crime that is rampant in PG County.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 AM

56 posts, read 153,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Depends what part of Bowie you're in. I work there, most of my co-workers live there, it's just like anywhere if you're in the right area there is low crime and vice versa.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:26 PM

518 posts, read 809,977 times
Quote:
the crime rate in Bowie is lower than in Annapolis.

Last edited by kdb05f; 03-24-2011 at 07:53 PM..

Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,934,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracota View Post
Hi,
A friend of mine who lives in Oklahoma just got a job in Bowie, MD. She is very interested to live in Annapolis area and asked me how the commute is during rush hour between Annapolis and Bowie (through US50/ US301).
I am not very familiar with Annapolis & Bowie since I live in College Park. Can anyone tell me how this commute is?

Thanks!
very easy the 921 takes you to new carleton MARC then use MARC to bowie fast and easy I know transit is hard to comeby in maryland. at rush hour just take the bus then marc Ive done it its easy

Old 03-26-2011, 04:51 PM

10,581 posts, read 11,996,564 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Guy
If you work in Bowie, there's no real reason to live in Annapolis unless you have a boat.

How ignorant. A truly uninformed and sad response. Utterly meaningless.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,293,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Guy View Post
It's not that bad. I live in southern Anne Arundel County right on the Prince George's border, so my job in Bowie is only 10 minutes away. Some of the guys I work with live in Annapolis and commute to Bowie every day. However, if I worked in Bowie and had my choice between the two, I would rather live in Bowie. The housing prices are roughly the same or cheaper in Bowie and the commute will be shorter. If you work in Bowie, there's no real reason to live in Annapolis unless you have a boat.
If you look on Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed you can clearly see that Annapolis neighborhoods along the rivers by far and away are the most valuable where as there is much more of an even distribution of highly valued housing stock in Bowie.

Quote:
If you look on the same site you will see that Annapolis is safer than 8% of cities in the United States. Bowie is safer than 95% of cities in the United States.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 06:40 AM..

Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM

503 posts, read 802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
How ignorant. A truly uninformed and sad response. Utterly meaningless.
It's ignorant to acknowledge the cesspool that is PG County? Yes, the professional PG cheerleaders refuse to admit that PG is a disaster of crooked politicians, corrupt and violent police officers and a school system that is only surpassed by Baltimore City in its ineffectiveness.

Tell me again who the ignorant one is/

Old 03-28-2011, 03:46 PM

52,221 posts, read 33,940,879 times
i prefer the scenic route on 450/defense highway, but it's not exactly the fastest way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland