Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 38,470 times

Advertisements

Please forgive my bluntness. I may have a job offer coming from Pax River, but I am also 37 and single. What I was reading elsewhere wasn't too inspiring - "all the women here have five children - and they're 20" - but that forum wasn't exactly rigged for the brightest lights in the tunnel.

I worked at our Naval base here in SoCal as a civilian for nine rather lonely years, with a county population probably 5 times that of St. Mary's and Calvert combined. But there might be advantages to a "small town." The two months I was at Pax, I'm not sure I experienced "Southern" hospitality - but it was far better than what's here, since most Californians keep to themselves and don't pull for their neighbors. I had Marylanders - very proud of their St. Mary's Co., mind you - basically inviting me to live there - FBOW, they were guy-engineers like me, and we were much younger then.

What I'm trying to get a bead on is the supposed 20-odd percent of females in the area over 25 who've never married. Are they military? Are they locals with professional jobs? Are they professionals from wherever, living there to commute to D.C.? That might be worth exploring. But if it's strictly a family area with military wives and You-Tubers working Food Lion, maybe it's not worth a job offer.

If you think I'm considering what would be a mistake, or being too prejudicial, bring it on.

- Chris

Last edited by GreenerGrass; 07-29-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 07:33 PM

61 posts, read 364,621 times
calvert good idea nice population but family oriented but lots of townhomes coming up with single girls moving in calvert is probably your best bet close to washington and nice area not that rural any more compared to st marys county Traffic BAD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland