U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM

661 posts, read 1,138,627 times

Advertisements

I just read that worcester county is a ghost town. I'd expect pg county to be that, but pg county has the jobs.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,411,952 times
I think you answered your own question.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:49 PM

6,026 posts, read 9,607,644 times
Uh, Worcester County is rural, always has been. "Ghost towns" are places that were once populated then abandoned. Worcester County's population is increasing.

I fail to see how Worcester and PG are comparable other than both paying taxes to Annapolis.

Worcester County, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 PM

9,581 posts, read 14,286,127 times
PG County is much worse, with a lot of crime and illegal immigration. Worcester is mostly rural and pleasant based on my experiences. PG County is the 2nd worst place in Maryland based on crime, poverty, drugs, and violence and lawlessness and corrupt and liberal judicial systems. Baltimore City would be the worst in this regard.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM

53 posts, read 164,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfa View Post
I just read that worcester county is a ghost town. I'd expect pg county to be that, but pg county has the jobs.

LOL...yes...P.G should be a ghost town with all the dead bodies....Worcester County /Ocean City however in summer second largest city in Maryland due to influx of people visiting Ocean City. But yes definetly slow here inthe winter months....real slow.

(Mostly Drunk Rowdy people that forget how to act once they cross the bridge and a few shocked families that can't believe what OC has become).

I grew up in P.G. ..still visit ...always will be home ,moved to Worcester (Ocean Pines)...a nice place but.....can't wait to leave...however not going back to P.G.......

And as far as crime

Per Capita UCR (Uniform Crime Reports)

Salisbury MD(Eastern Shore) 1

(yes Salisbury first...per capita and if you check out neighborhood scout.com you will see Ocean City MD..Worcester County among the top as well....For violent Crime, probably due to large influx in Summer.)

Baltimore City 2

P.G. 3

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,761,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
PG County is much worse, with a lot of crime and illegal immigration. Worcester is mostly rural and pleasant based on my experiences. PG County is the 2nd worst place in Maryland based on crime, poverty, drugs, and violence and lawlessness and corrupt and liberal judicial systems. Baltimore City would be the worst in this regard.

how is a judicial system considered liberal? why do folks have to interject politics in everything? can't eat a ham sandwhich without someone complaining about the liberal sales tax on said ham sandwhich.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 PM

72 posts, read 430,687 times
Quote:

Hi Tom,

Can you get me the numbers on the poverty level in Prince George's County vs the rest of Maryland. In fact can you compare the poverty level in Prince George's County Maryland to the rest of the Country?

Also is your opinion based on fact? Or is your opinion based on Race? What motivates a person to say such things without any factual backing?

Can anyone give me the stats on the percentage of individuals in Poverty In the following areas;

United States
Maryland
Montgomery County
Prince George's County
Talbot County
Baltimore County

I'd like to see which has the following;

1. Highest total number of people under the poverty level
2. Highest percentage of people under the poverty level

I'm just shocked that county with close to 1 Million people and a Median income of more than 70k can be considered poverty ridden?

Statistically it would be impossible lol. Median would assume that half the people make over 70k and the other half make under right? (Granted i do know the answers to all of these I'm merely playing devils advocate, because I'm bored

Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM

4,195 posts, read 6,140,036 times
Somerset County (Crisfield/ Princess Anne) has historically been the poorest of MD's Eastern Shore counties.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM

10,136 posts, read 12,869,743 times
Quote:
Although I do agree with most of what you said, I would like to point that Montgomery County has a higher rate of poverty than PG County. Strange, I know.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,920,783 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Although I do agree with most of what you said, I would like to point that Montgomery County has a higher rate of poverty than PG County. Strange, I know.
How do you agree with Morons?....Like factcheckerdude said.."what is your opinion based on? Tom Lennox sound like one of the ppl who bash PG all in the Baltimore Sun not knowing his place in Maryland....factcheckerdude is about to shut this foolishness down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland