Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,035 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone I am kinda in the same boat but slightly different my partner/significant other is in the military and was stationed in CA from NJ but we are a lesbian couple and she is not allowed announce that. However if I put that in my appeal I'm sure they would research and that could potentially get her in some heat. I need some help on what to write on my appeal because initially I put I quit my job for my significant other/partner to accept another job position in California and was flat out DENIED!!! HELPPPP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

19 posts, read 38,772 times
If CA is anything like NJ - they will absolutely refuse your appeal... I had no other recourse. I even contacted a lawyer and they told me I had no leg to stand on. I am still very angry with NJ... but there is a silver lining for me.... I finally resigned myself to seriously looking for a job after I did all the unpacking and getting us settled into the new house... My first job interview in 15 years and got the job....so keep the faith and look for a job.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,035 times
Hey Mama thanks for your response. I've been hard at looking for a job out here in Cali and yes my previous work was in NJ but they have exceptions to spouses who are in the military but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place to put my girlfriend's career on the line. If it helps at all my previous job is trying to work with me so that I could collect because if anyone knows California has a very tough job market. In addition, when I was living in NJ my home was broken into and vandalized to an extreme measure and when we filed a police report and began to investigate we started to receive threats with bullet shells left at our doorstep. I'm not sure if that could help my case but I will exhaust all options.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM

926 posts, read 1,255,435 times
Question?

Last time I was at APG there were commuter buses parked outside some of the newer bldgs. I was told these buses were transporting Ft Monmouth people. Yes, it was amazing that people had to commute from that far away but like you said, they need their job.

In hindsight, would it have possible for your spouse to commute and you stay in NJ until you found a job in Maryland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland