Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Yeah, it is a MD forum, but no question its due to prominence of AA population. I hear people call certain neighborhoods 'bad" or "sketchy" and I've visited the same area and haven't seen or felt that way. Its because they saw someone AA and so they put violence and AA together and got all scared, peeing their pants all the way back to Fairfax or Crofton. I heard somebody call largo and walker mill bad....LMAOOOOOOOOOOO, right....
LOL that is crazy because I went to Largo High school. The things that were said about the school were completely false and when I was in school all of us wanted everyone to know that the school was hardly bad at all, just usual teenage things happened that go on at every school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM

915 posts, read 3,180,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1970 View Post
I don't believe I ever put PG county down..all i know is im not going to risk my life or my families going to the great Six Flags

carebear seems to think everytime he goes into them area..he is in a warzone area...LOL

Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,238 times
How are you putting your life in danger by going to Six Flags?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-10-2007 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,238 times
Quote:
Well that seems to be all that is here either DC NoVa or PG County..there are others counties in this state
Yes there are other counties in Maryland. But none of them seem to interest you. There are threads about Ocean Pines, Annapolis, traffic,cheap grocery stores, Elkridge,Salisbury, BGE, Senior Communities, Rockville, and on and on. But you continue to post on the Prince Georges County threads. Why?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM

135 posts, read 707,704 times
Six Flags is not in a nice area..sorry..been there once, won't go again

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-10-2007 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
Yes there are other counties in Maryland. But none of them seem to interest you. There are threads about Ocean Pines, Annapolis, traffic,cheap grocery stores, Elkridge,Salisbury, BGE, Senior Communities, Rockville, and on and on. But you continue to post on the Prince Georges County threads. Why?

Actually I post in all of them...keep reading and u will see..I post where I see fit...if I want to make an opinion of a place than that's what I will do..but seriously I have made comments in all those sections..didn't know PG was just for you

Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Quote:
Six Flags is not in a nice area..sorry..been there once, won't go again

LMOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man, those minivans and soccer moms are dangerous. Spray painting grafiti on walls with kids hand paint.........

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-10-2007 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: off topic content

Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
LMOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man, those minivans and soccer moms are dangerous. Spray painting grafiti on walls with kids hand paint.........
So your telling me Six Flags is in a great neighborhood??? Hmm, well I will and did take my children to a much cleaner amusement park.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-10-2007 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
Quote:
So your telling me Six Flags is in a great neighborhood??? Hmm, well I will and did take my children to a much cleaner amusement park.
No really in all seriousness, Six Flags is across the street from a 2 year old senior living complex, where relatives of mine live in a nice home. Down the street are houses from the 400s up, plus Evangel Church where my cousins go to dance camp is right there, passed the light from the shopping centers there is nothing but trees and other vegetation. I mean I really do not think you have ever been to Six Flags because how you described it is nothing but false. There has never been a single murder or violent crime for that matter ever. I wonder to myself from reading your post how you come up with ideas like that. If it was do you think that people would actually go there and let there kids go there by themselves? Plus, I also think that you should do some research because Six Flags has been advertising towards families this summer. there is an article in the Washington Post about how they are trying to become family friendly.

Striving for More Family Value-July 20
"This focus on families is perhaps the most visible piece of a turnaround strategy orchestrated by Six Flags chief executive Mark Shapiro, who was installed after Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder took control of the troubled theme park company in a 2005 proxy battle. The chain is seeking to refurbish its financial performance and its public reputation, but those efforts have been complicated by the company's heavy debt and sagging stock price."

"Six Flags management is targeting families because the company has found that they spend more money, stay longer in the parks and are more likely to make return visits. Several new marketing partnerships, attractions like the Thursday night concert series and an emphasis on cleanliness and efficiency are key to drawing that demographic, company executives said."

Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,051 times
Six Flags America has a reputation for crime and poor ride maintenance, leading to the widely accepted belief that it's a bad park.
Mainly this comes from a few violent crimes on the property a few years ago, and the ride maintenance ending up with a 6 year old girl being injured after falling out of a ride. In recent years the park has done a lot to improve safety and ride maintenance, but as with everything else, old beliefs die hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland