Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:17 AM

74 posts, read 117,947 times

Advertisements

Coming up in Bmore like I did you gotta struggle every day we didnt get nothing handled to us if we want something we gotta take it. I m just tryin to get mine and I dont let nobody disrespect me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,919,876 times
I wouldn't let the 4th of July incident keep you from going to festivals in Baltimore. There are plenty every weekend that are peaceful and go down without a hitch. 4th of July is a disaster waiting to happen everywhere. It's free, it's overcrowded, it's loud, and people celebrate in stupid ways. There was probably 50k people downtown, one person was killed, and it was in a fight. Tip for everyone, don't get in fights.

Thankfully in this incident, people lined up to turn this thug in, and he's now behind bars. Hopefully this streghthens the message that if you bring your behavior to the proud parts of town, people snitch, participate, act and care.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:17 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,088,269 times
Please everyone let's correct something. The man that was killed wasn't even at the festival. Even though he was close by his killing had nothing to do with the festival.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,152,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandre View Post
Coming up in Bmore like I did you gotta struggle every day we didnt get nothing handled to us if we want something we gotta take it. I m just tryin to get mine and I dont let nobody disrespect me.
It is this attitude that has put the inner city into the mess that it is in now. You are going to get what's coming to you no matter what you have to do to someone else? Is that what you are saying? If that's the case, then by all means stay in Baltimore. There are already enough reasons for me to stay away, so we won't have to cross paths.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM

7,272 posts, read 11,580,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
It is this attitude that has put the inner city into the mess that it is in now. You are going to get what's coming to you no matter what you have to do to someone else? Is that what you are saying? If that's the case, then by all means stay in Baltimore. There are already enough reasons for me to stay away, so we won't have to cross paths.
I don't see the reason for that attitude in a country where all you have to do is saunter down to the Social Security office and get hooked up with free food, free housing, free medical care, plus some spending money to use on cable, cell phones, etc. The poor people in America are better off in terms of needs and wants being met than most people in the world, of all income levels.

The fact that there is an entire cultural built around the idea that the basics aren't enough and that "I am going to get mine at all costs so stay out of the way" is these people's worst enemy because it increases their own marginization among civil society and prevents their cities and neighborhoods from being improved. The plague is spreading out from the city too, you will find this attitude among the young poor in just about any urban area of the state now. It makes me sick to my stomach. Society needs to wise up and start cracking down on crime to get these people out of society before they do real damage to the rest of us.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,659,966 times
Quote:
If you want something, work for it.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM

74 posts, read 117,947 times
None of us was there we dont know what happaned. But you can go on the computer and write about it like you was there. And none of yall been where I been seen what I seen come where I come from so if you dont know about it dont speak about it.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 AM

7,272 posts, read 11,580,304 times
Quote:
None of us was there we dont know what happaned. But you can go on the computer and write about it like you was there. And none of yall been where I been seen what I seen come where I come from so if you dont know about it dont speak about it.
Did you like what you saw where you came from? Is that the way you would like yourself, your family, and your friends to live, or do you think there is a better way to go through life?

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,088,269 times
Quote:
That's the danger of living that lifestyle. There is a fine line of surviving and glorifying. Too many people believe that is the way that they are supposed to live without any means or justifications for their actions. Most people who live that way, live that way to get out of their circumstances and to have something better. What you have here in this video and throughout a lot of region is knuckleheaded kids who think this behavior is cool. It's not. I doubt most of those kids have lived anywhere close to as bad a life as you say you have lived. That's the problem I have with this personally, because growing up in PG County, I've seen kids who live in $500k homes with both parents, who would go around doing the same things.

Last edited by justtitans; 07-12-2011 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM

3,009 posts, read 6,347,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I think the recession is turning the young generation into the "I don't give a #$@!" generation. Youngins are the hardest hit by the tough economy. A lot of them can't even get summer jobs because illegal immigrants who don't speak English and older college grads who can't find real jobs have taken their jobs and money. So now you have kids that would be doing the right thing acting a fool because they are so fed up and want to take that rage out on anyone for no reason. They plain just don't give a %$&!. That's my take on the situation across the country in 2011 and beyond if things don't change.
These kids should have no excuses whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: