Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM

7,005 posts, read 11,301,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-74 View Post
North Beach Person got it right with the second post.

What's funny is that they're allowed to live the same, sometimes better, quality of life as decent hard-working folks...for free. Oh, and you know what's worse than free? The fact that YOU have to pay for it. Loud Music, Crime, Degeneracy, Littering, Loitering...all cause property values to go down making it harder for current residents to leave while increasing opportunity for more "trouble" to move in. It also causes property values elsewhere to increase, making it harder for decent people to not live around the diversity.

You know what's worse than that? The fact that they'll ruin not only where they live (and by extension you) but areas around them as well. Diversity has ruined America and the West.
I wouldn't blame "diversity." Plenty of lily white scum that litter the pond too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 PM

461 posts, read 1,283,698 times
Yes, lots of white trash in the mix for sure.

What gets me is the shear number of people from the DC area that have shown up here and in other place seemingly overnight. Some of them have no jobs, no car, live with 7-8 other people in an apartment and have just been dropped here out of the sky.

We have enough trouble meeting the needs of our local population with our resources. It isn't fair to communities to have to take care of someone else's too. Something needs to change.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM

359 posts, read 329,382 times
LOL @ "Diversity has ruined America and the West"

Diversity? Or slavery?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 PM

7,005 posts, read 11,301,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownterp View Post

What gets me is the shear number of people from the DC area that have shown up here and in other place seemingly overnight. Some of them have no jobs, no car, live with 7-8 other people in an apartment and have just been dropped here out of the sky.

We have enough trouble meeting the needs of our local population with our resources. It isn't fair to communities to have to take care of someone else's too. Something needs to change.

Well, I cringe a little to say it but Steelers10 was right when he said about a year ago that we would start to see this as a side effect of the gentrification efforts downstate and the low housing cost in the western hinterlands.

I think the best solution is to watch them like hawks, call the police when they do anything that even remotely looks wrong, and make sure they know that our communities don't take crap like that. That is what I had to do to our neighbors, local druggies that inherted the house from grandma.

Code enforcement, animal control, City Hall, police, etc. Finally they settled down...then moved out.

Testifing against thugs in Baltimore gets your house firebombed, in Western Maryland gets you a medal. Let's keep it that way.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
"diversity"... lol.

Kinda like those "youths" participating in flash mobs that are robbing stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
LOL....."diversity"

Not sure if serious.....
Definitely sarcasm. I detest Section 8, the program along with HUD should be imploded.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownterp View Post

Section 8 has been around for awhile and it was popular among both parties. The Dems loved it because it helps the poor on the taxpayers' dime and the GOP liked it because although its a government funded the program the management of the property was the responsibility of a private landlord.

However Section 8 recipients were bound to the jurisdiction which they received their voucher often times they were even bound to a particular building or development. So a DC voucher holder could only use their voucher in DC.

Then in the 90s Henry Cisneros thought it would be a great idea if the poor could be moved to the suburbs. The thinking was that the poor being exposed to middle class neighbors would emulate them and improve their lot.

So Section 8 vouchers were made portable, a DC voucher holder could now go to PG county and use their voucher for a suburban home. Of course as folks are now noticing the diffusion of middle class values to the poor is not occurring. What is occurring is the dispersion of crime and dysfunction.

Hopefully the portability aspect of the program will be terminated at the very least. Read this article if you have the time, I'm sure it will get your blood boiling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...7kH_story.html

Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,181,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Of course as folks are now noticing the diffusion of middle class values to the poor is not occurring. What is occurring is the dispersion of crime and dysfunction.
In my experience...for two people to try to emulate and attract each other...the law of the 'lowest common denominator' kicks into effect.

Meaning, that, it's usually the middle income kids trying to get low to the lower income kids, to show that they can relate to them.....rather than the lower income kids trying to 'get to a higher denominator' to show an act of relating.

In reality, most middle income kids aren't that far from lower income kids...usually one generation removed financially...but values-wise, it's quite a bit closer.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

461 posts, read 1,283,698 times
Good points Tiger Beer.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 575 times
Wow! You have a real ****ed up way of looking at people who receive rental assistance to provide a stable, safe, affordable, clean, place to live. If you stop focusing on what other people are doing and just lived your life things would be OK for everyone. And I guess no one hangs out infront of stores in predominantly white neighborhoods.(Yea ****ing right). You mother****ers receive sec8, food stamps, and much more. Ya sneaky asses act like you don't but you do. You nasty mother****ers litter, have flash mobs. It's so funny to me every day I leave my complex I see a WHITE man and women holding signs ****ing up my neighborhoods property value begging for money to go by crack and liquor. Oh but I forgot only BLACK SEC8 RECIPIENTS **** up communities. More fertile ground my ass. And FYI SEC8 family's still work and pay taxes they qualify because they are low income families. I guess you voted for Trump Dick. So go suck one.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:35 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker14 View Post
Wow! You have a real ****ed up way of looking at people who receive rental assistance to provide a stable, safe, affordable, clean, place to live. If you stop focusing on what other people are doing and just lived your life things would be OK for everyone. And I guess no one hangs out infront of stores in predominantly white neighborhoods.(Yea ****ing right). You mother****ers receive sec8, food stamps, and much more. Ya sneaky asses act like you don't but you do. You nasty mother****ers litter, have flash mobs. It's so funny to me every day I leave my complex I see a WHITE man and women holding signs ****ing up my neighborhoods property value begging for money to go by crack and liquor. Oh but I forgot only BLACK SEC8 RECIPIENTS **** up communities. More fertile ground my ass. And FYI SEC8 family's still work and pay taxes they qualify because they are low income families. I guess you voted for Trump Dick. So go suck one.
This dude tripping u know it about to be 2017 right?? this is from ‘12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland