U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,237 posts, read 3,394,412 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Ya, because the 40% of Americans who identify as conservative are mainly concerned about "teling the elderly and the poor to screw themselves."

I would tell you what kind of person you are, but since I don't want a TOS violation, use your imagination.

Your personal dislike of me is not indicative of most Americans and their preference for entitlement programs. Very revealing that your best defense is a personal insult upon me, I'm glad to have that considering conservatives operate on complete nonsense and have no cogent arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,237 posts, read 3,394,412 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
For your reading enjoyment.

Sarah Palin Endorsement: Brian Murphy for Maryland Governor

Calling Out the Ehrlich Camp

Nope, Ehrlich is no Teapartier. Note that both of these sites are GOP sites that are attacking Bob for not being conservative enough....pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, not toeing the Tea Party line on spending, a moderate RINO....like I said he was.

You are out of your depth on politics. It is bad enough that people with zero knowlege of politics go out to vote, but people like you with false knowlege are much worse. Just keep hitting that "D" button like a trained monkey.
So getting the government as involved as possible in marriage while people like Kim Kardashian have their sham marriages is the best idea in the world?

Ehrlich is neither pro choice or pro gay marriage. Tea partiers went after him because he doesn't talk a hard game and doesn't actively encourage bigotry. Maybe if you were training all the monkeys you seem to know you'd understand that blatant bigotry is wrong in 2011.

You're screwed in 2012 and you know it, which is why you lash out like some caged animal. In politics, you are as much out of depth and will sink like a man made of lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
5,257 posts, read 8,457,683 times
Reputation: 3690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
So getting the government as involved as possible in marriage while people like Kim Kardashian have their sham marriages is the best idea in the world?

Ehrlich is neither pro choice or pro gay marriage. Tea partiers went after him because he doesn't talk a hard game and doesn't actively encourage bigotry. Maybe if you were training all the monkeys you seem to know you'd understand that blatant bigotry is wrong in 2011.

You're screwed in 2012 and you know it, which is why you lash out like some caged animal. In politics, you are as much out of depth and will sink like a man made of lead.
LOL, the funny thing is that you don't know that I have worked in a paid capacity in politics, specifically campaign and elections since I was 18 years old. That includes working for both Dems and Republicans. I am right in my depth, positioning myself for who I will work for next year. It might be a Republican, it might be a Democrat if I find one that isn't too idealogical different from me.

Your posts are the ones filled with misinformation, stereotypes, and now blantant ignorance of facts that are placed right in front your face. What is more likely, that all Republicans are secretly bigots.....or that Bob Ehrlich is a moderate Republican, like anybody in the "know" will tell you?

How can I carry on an intelligent conversation with someone that doesn't even know who is a moderate and who is a Tea Partier? Ever heard of "know thy enemy?" You seem like the kind of guy that reads the paper, maybe some slanted blogs, and thinks they are an "expert" on politics. The only expert in this discussion is NPB (I like to think I am a close 2nd ), and he is smart enough not to get down in the mud with the ignorant. Personally, I kind of like it. It keeps me sharp. Sadly though, I have determined that there is nothing Phenomenal about you AJ, at least as far as politics is concerned. See you around the forum.

Last edited by westsideboy; 11-10-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,237 posts, read 3,394,412 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
LOL, the funny thing is that you don't know that I have working in a PAID capacity in politics since I was 18 years old. That includes working for both Dems and Republicans. I am right in my depth, positioning myself for who I will work for next year. It might be a Republican, it might be a Democrat if I find one that isn't too idealogical different from me.

Your posts are the ones filled with misinformation, stereotypes, and now blantant ignorance of facts that are placed right in front your face. What is more likely, that all Republicans are secretly bigots.....or that Bob Ehrlich is a moderate Republican, like anybody in the "know" will tell you?

There is nothing Phenomenal about you AJ, at least as far as politics is concerned.
Don't pretend like you are a swing worker considering you've not said a positive word about a Democrat. I'd still like to see whatever evidence you've compiled that Bob Ehrlich is a moderate and differs from Tea Partiers. As to me pointing out Republican bigotry, please show me where im wrong and Republicans don't bully Muslims, Mexicans or gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
5,257 posts, read 8,457,683 times
Reputation: 3690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Don't pretend like you are a swing worker considering you've not said a positive word about a Democrat. I'd still like to see whatever evidence you've compiled that Bob Ehrlich is a moderate and differs from Tea Partiers. As to me pointing out Republican bigotry, please show me where im wrong and Republicans don't bully Muslims, Mexicans or gays.
I worked for Cas Taylor, former Democratic speaker of the House, back in 2002. I worked (for free) for John Kerry in 2004 in WV signing up college voters, because of how much I disliked the politics and personality of George Bush II.

I don't have much good to say about the Maryland state level Democrats, because there isn't much good to say about them from my perspective!

As for evidence of Ehrlich, READ THE LINKS. Those are GOP bloggers expressing how much they dislike Bob because he is too moderate. What better proof do you want than words straight out of the mouth of other Republicans! Sarah Palin, Tea Party Queen, made the effort to endorse the other guy! What more can you say? The evidence is right there, just open your eyes and look at it. You are throwing good money after bad at this point. You should have taken the word of those with actual poltical experience when we told you Bob wasn't on the political fringe!

As to me pointing out Republican bigotry, please show me where im wrong and Republicans don't bully Muslims, Mexicans or gays

Fine. Here are 8 links showing Republicans not bulling others.









Now you show me where I am wrong when I say Democrats aren't brainwashed, guilt ridden, liberals living in ivory towers that don't understand the 2nd amendment. Do you get my point? Not all Republicans are horrible bigoted monsters, just like all Democrats aren't all out of touch political idealists living outside the world of the real. That kind of flame throwing doesn't prove anything, other than show your of dislike all Republicans, which we already know by now.

Last edited by westsideboy; 11-10-2011 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
378 posts, read 365,325 times
Reputation: 458
Its really not rocket science. Democrats tend to carry urbanized, highly populated areas. Republicans tend to get rural and exurban (aka the land of the McMansion) areas. In Maryland the vast majority of people live in either the Baltimore Metropolitan Area or the Washington Metropolitan Area...both areas are heavily Democratic.

I think the problem most Democrats like myself have with Republicans is that they constantly vote for people who don't really do anything for them. If you're not making over $500,000 a year there really is no logical reason for you to vote Republican. It makes absolutely no sense for a middle class American to vote Republican, yet for some reason, so many seem to do so. This is what puzzles us liberals/progressives/democrats...why in the hell do rural poor and middle class folks elect people who send their jobs overseas, give tax breaks to people who don't really need them, and have a foreign policy agenda that hasn't changed since the Cold War? (Mitt Romney's solution to save the American auto industry = let them fail, Republican's stance on the jobs bill = Hell No)

The Republicans will do nothing to help you. Why? Because their whole ideology is based in free market fundamentalism. In their eyes, the free market is the best solution to every problem. Government is just one big waste that can't do anything right. Nevermind the fact that our government got us to the moon, built the interstate highway system, and employs millions of people. That doesn't matter to them. Cut the government and in their eyes good things happen. They want to cut regulation at a time when regulation is most needed, during a time of economic crisis. They want to cut government jobs when over 16 million people are unemployed. They want us to go to war with Iran when we're winding down a war in Iraq. They want us to cut funding to the Department of Education, but not the Department of Defense.

So yeah, you might hate the liberal state of Maryland, but guess what, nobody is keeping you here. Leave if its so bad. I mean wtf, we're only the richest state per capita in the country. Why don't you go to Mississippi where conservative ideals rule the land...enjoy high levels of obesity & poverty, the worst schools in the country, terrible infrastructure, and yup, bigotry, whats not to like? Its that good old southern hospitality where people welcome you to the neighborhood by lighting a few crosses on fire in your front yard.

You see, at the end of the day. A Democrat is willing to admit that people in their own party can be full of ****. We know it. They're human beings, they're not perfect and at times screw up. Some are corrupt. But guess what...its the same damn way on the Republican side too...its you all that buy into their gospel preaching BS that says they've been chosen by god to be your leader. Yeah right. At the end of the day, Republicans and conservatives are labeled stupid because they are too stubborn to admit that they too make mistakes and that they too can at times be wrong...its ****ing impossible to have a logical argument with a group of people who assume that god is on their side and that the other side is pure evil. Bill Clinton has an affair with an intern and gets impeached but Herman Cain sexually assualts 3 women and its like nothing ever happened. Hypocrites.

Last edited by TommyCarcetti; 11-15-2011 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
5,257 posts, read 8,457,683 times
Reputation: 3690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyCarcetti View Post
Its really not rocket science. Democrats tend to carry urbanized, highly populated areas. Republicans tend to get rural and exurban (aka the land of the McMansion) areas. In Maryland the vast majority of people live in either the Baltimore Metropolitan Area or the Washington Metropolitan Area...both areas are heavily Democratic.

I think the problem most Democrats like myself have with Republicans is that they constantly vote for people who don't really do anything for them. If you're not making over $500,000 a year there really is no logical reason for you to vote Republican. It makes absolutely no sense for a middle class American to vote Republican, yet for some reason, so many seem to do so. This is what puzzles us liberals/progressives/democrats...why in the hell do rural poor and middle class folks elect people who send their jobs overseas, give tax breaks to people who don't really need them, and have a foreign policy agenda that hasn't changed since the Cold War? (Mitt Romney's solution to save the American auto industry = let them fail, Republican's stance on the jobs bill = Hell No)

The Republicans will do nothing to help you. Why? Because their whole ideology is based in free market fundamentalism. In their eyes, the free market is the best solution to every problem. Government is just one big waste that can't do anything right. Nevermind the fact that our government got us to the moon, built the interstate highway system, and employs millions of people. That doesn't matter to them. Cut the government and in their eyes good things happen. They want to cut regulation at a time when regulation is most needed, during a time of economic crisis. They want to cut government jobs when over 16 million people are unemployed. They want us to go to war with Iran when we're winding down a war in Iraq. They want us to cut funding to the Department of Education, but not the Department of Defense.

So yeah, you might hate the liberal state of Maryland, but guess what, nobody is keeping you here. Leave if its so bad. I mean wtf, we're only the richest state per capita in the country. Why don't you go to Mississippi where conservative ideals rule the land...enjoy high levels of obesity & poverty, the worst schools in the country, terrible infrastructure, and yup, bigotry, whats not to like? Its that good old southern hospitality where people welcome you to the neighborhood by lighting a few crosses on fire in your front yard.

You see, at the end of the day. A Democrat is willing to admit that people in their own party can be full of ****. We know it. They're human beings, they're not perfect and at times screw up. Some are corrupt. But guess what...its the same damn way on the Republican side too...its you all that buy into their gospel preaching BS that says they've been chosen by god to be your leader. Yeah right. At the end of the day, Republicans and conservatives are labeled stupid because they are too stubborn to admit that they too make mistakes and that they too can at times be wrong...its ****ing impossible to have a logical argument with a group of people who assume that god is on their side and that the other side is pure evil. Bill Clinton has an affair with an intern and gets impeached but Herman Cain sexually assualts 3 women and its like nothing ever happened. Hypocrites.
The short answer to your question is that many of in the GOP have higher values in our political idealogy than just "what is good for me." You are right, I will never make $500,000 a year, but I am also not jealous of the people that do, or feel like they should be treated any differently than me when it comes to taxes, regulations, etc.

Democrats often don't understand this because they tend to break down and view the world by social class, then apply value judgments based on what social class people belong to. This is no better than viewing the world through the eyes of race, gender, nationality, age, and then only associating and voting to help those in your "tribe." We are all deserving of equality under the law, whether we make $30,000 a year or $500,000.

Last edited by westsideboy; 11-15-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,237 posts, read 3,394,412 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
The short answer to your question is that many of in the GOP have higher values in our political idealogy than just "what is good for me." You are right, I will never make $500,000 a year, but I am also not jealous of the people that do, or feel like they should be treated any differently than me when it comes to taxes, regulations, etc.

Democrats often don't understand this because they tend to break down and view the world by social class, then apply value judgments based on what social class people belong to. This is no better than viewing the world through the eyes of race, gender, nationality, age, and then only associating and voting to help those in your "tribe." We are all deserving of equality under the law, whether we make $30,000 a year or $500,000.
People who make $500,000 take quite a bit more out of our system and use more resources than one making $30,000. Let me get in on whoever is paying you to spread the lies you spread on this message board seemingly for free, I'm definitely in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
5,257 posts, read 8,457,683 times
Reputation: 3690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
People who make $500,000 take quite a bit more out of our system and use more resources than one making $30,000. Let me get in on whoever is paying you to spread the lies you spread on this message board seemingly for free, I'm definitely in!
Can you source this claim?

It seems to me that someone that makes $30,000 a year pays $4,075 in income tax. A person making $500,000 a year pays $152,314.

Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2011

So....Mr. "Phenomenal" it seems that the guy making 500k is paying about $148,000 more dollars into the federal coffers than the guy making $30,000 and that is just in income tax! Not to mention property tax, capital gains tax, etc. Can you find where the 500k earners "take quite a bit more out of our system than one making $30,000?

Last edited by westsideboy; 11-15-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,237 posts, read 3,394,412 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Would you care to source this for me?
Sure. The gap between rich and poor grows in the United States. - The New York Times

It's a pity so many lives will be destroyed by big business crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top