Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,031 times

Advertisements

I am a 24 year old single female and just accepted a position at APG. I have been looking at apartments online and find it cheaper to live in the Middle River area. Is that too far? I dont mind a commute of 30-40 minutes but i have no clue what the traffic is like either. I think i rather to live in the middle river area bc i hear that bel air/aberdeen area is very suburban and im more interested in a lil more of a city atmosphere. Im going this weekend to look at apartments but really dont know where to start. Any suggestions???? PLEASE HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgogirl01 View Post
24 year old single female... position at APG.
Any suggestions?
I'd suggest looking for a housemate situation to get you through the winter and as close to APG as possible to make the commute simpler. Bel Air will have the most options.

Over the winter... poke around the area to find something that suits you. When that time does come... most of Middle River should be avoided.

hth

Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM

926 posts, read 1,256,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgogirl01 View Post
I am a 24 year old single female and just accepted a position at APG. I have been looking at apartments online and find it cheaper to live in the Middle River area. Is that too far? I dont mind a commute of 30-40 minutes but i have no clue what the traffic is like either. I think i rather to live in the middle river area bc i hear that bel air/aberdeen area is very suburban and im more interested in a lil more of a city atmosphere. Im going this weekend to look at apartments but really dont know where to start. Any suggestions???? PLEASE HELP!
I understand you're young and want to be where the 'action' is (city atmosphere) but since you're new to the area it would be safer and alot more practical to stay closer to APG. As MrRational stated after you're settled then explore areas closer to the city. Now, reality is housing in Harford County is not as affordable as it once was but you can start your search with rent.com. Aberdeen, Edgewood, Bel Air, Abingdon.

Good Luck. and (P.S. check your personal msgs)

Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
I understand you're young and want to be where the 'action' is (city atmosphere) but since you're new to the area it would be safer and alot more practical to stay closer to APG. As MrRational stated after you're settled then explore areas closer to the city. Now, reality is housing in Harford County is not as affordable as it once was but you can start your search with rent.com. Aberdeen, Edgewood, Bel Air, Abingdon.

Good Luck. and (P.S. check your personal msgs)
I disagree.

OP, if you are more interested in a city atmosphere you might as well start looking in the place you'll probably end up commuting from: Canton. Search craigslist for roommates wanted, there are lots of people your age there. Your commute will be 30 miles or so but it's the most convenient place with the atmosphere you desire. Here's the route: Canton, Baltimore, MD to Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD - Google Maps

Alternatively you could look at Newark DE which is a college town with lots of young people. Same commute, opposite direction.

Newark, DE to Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD - Google Maps

Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 AM

19 posts, read 38,783 times
Havre De Grace is a nice homey little town and may have some Condos to rent and is close to APG (about 10 miles). Abington and Bel Air are very crowded. Neward DE is a college town and may fit your life style but is about 40 miles away. It all depends on what you want.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,118 times
Smile Room

I do not know if you are still looking for a place but my sister and I have a spare room that we are trying to rent. We live right off of a main street so we are close to were the bars and restaurants are. Let me know if you are interested. Rent is only $500 a month including utilities.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM

169 posts, read 829,372 times
It would probably be best if you find a place a bit closer to APG until you get used to your surroundings. Havre De Grace is very nice. There is also a very affordable townhome/apartment complex a few minutes from APG, Magnolia Farms in Aberdeen. I know you aren't looking for suburban areas but if you choose Bel Air, you've got everything there. Plenty of shops, the mall, a few bars, resturants, parks, etc. Good luck!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,118 times
Hey my sister and I have a room for rent in our apartment. We are 23 and 22. We do not live too far from APG. Room is $500 a month with utilities. Let me know if you are interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland