U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,397,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm applying for an internship that's based out of Hunt Valley. I live in College Park. Has anyone done a similar commute (Eastern part of DC/its burbs to Northern part of Baltimore Beltway)? How is it? Would I face lighter traffic than I would if I was commuting the opposite way?
easy as hell MARC then Light rail DONE that's all folks 2 trains. OR B30 from greenbelt to BWI use LRT done.

The drive down 695 = HELL the I-95 drive = HELL ON EARTH

Try the 2 train combo then tell me how it works. You use camden line to camden yards then light rail to hunt valley directly. Remember camden line is rush hour only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Location: Somewhere in the South where the locals don't think it is the South
34 posts, read 59,398 times
It would be hell. I-695 is awful both ways in the morning and even worse in the evening. Even if you go up 295 cut through the city a bit and take I-83 all the way up, it is still tough because 295 ALWAYS bottlenecks between Powder Mill and MD-198 for only God knows why. The Marc train to LR is fun for about 2 days then it will grate on your nerves. MARC north is almost always delayed and the Light Rail makes so many stop it is borderline annoying. Bad weather? Count on at least 2 hours if you drive. Also, with the public transportation route, MARC stops running in the middle of the day so you have to wait until I tink about 2 if you had to leave early for whatever reason. Recommendation to avoid if possible.

Wiz

Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM

9,396 posts, read 14,063,114 times
Thanks for the info anyone. I'm not gonna go for the internship due to these logistics.

However, what about a commute from CP to inner harbor Baltimore? Might have one or two opportunities there.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 PM

1,347 posts, read 949,387 times
The drive from CP to the Inner Harbor is not as bad as you might think even during Rush Hour. Granted, the few times I made that trip were from CP to Baltimore during evening Rush Hour, but I feel like 95 is equally bad in either direction during either rush hour. I don't know about 295, never wanted to try since I know it's only two lanes and since that goes past Fort Meade, Anne Arundel County, etc, it must be a nightmare. I can't say that the CP-Baltimore commute would be ideal, but it may be worth it for a good internship opportunity

Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM

9,396 posts, read 14,063,114 times
It'd be quite good if I got it; globally recognized company and paid too!

I always thought that 95 would be a little better since most people are commuting into DC. But I guess a lot of people from like the Columbia area commute into Baltimore :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or