Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2006, 05:32 AM

7 posts, read 40,353 times

Advertisements

Looking at properties online in Fruitland,Willards,Parsonsburg all not far from Ocean City & Salisbury. Any info on areas? Crime,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 13,960 times
For info on crime stats go to: www.salisburypd.com Click the link at the bottom of the page. I don't know much about the areas...The area has changed a lot in thirty years.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:31 PM

48 posts, read 361,124 times
Can anyone tell me about Cambridge? I can't get anyone to reply to my thread in this forum requesting info.

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 15,420 times
Don't know where you are from but those areas are reasonable to buy real estate (compared with the rest of MD)...

Salisbury has a small inner city feel to it and there is some crime, but assuming you are not coming from a very rural are you'll be fine (there just aren't enough dark alleys to find trouble).

I lived outside of Ocean City for 3 years, and have been vacationing there for 35, so the area is cool. You will however find (in the off season) the are is predominately "country folk" and "NASCAR fans" . Salisbury however is families that have lived there for several generations coupled with a "party college" town .... Kind of an interesting dichotomy

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 AM

3 posts, read 5,315 times
my husband and i are thinking about moving to salisbury md. he is black and im white. will this creat a problem there. we live in virginia now. we are looking to rent an apt, but dont know which ones are nice and in a nice area. please can anyone advise. ty diana

Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 AM

698 posts, read 1,051,204 times
i lived in salisbury from 2001 to 2006 and loved it. i grew up in baltimore and felt salisbury was a good combination of large town/small city with a definite feeling of community and compactness. i lived near the college with neighbors a combination of salisbury natives and people who had moved there in retirement or to slow down to a different pace of life. my neighbors were friendly from the start and i never felt that i was an "outsider". i have a friend who lives in hebron and has for many years. it has a more rural feel than salisbury and , i would say, is somewhat more country in the people who are drawn to that area. that can probably be said about willards, pittsville etc. there has been a lot of building of new homes in fruitland so the composition of that area might have changed somewhat.
i liked living in town and near the college because of the opportunities for programs, musical events, plays that the college offers. if you are in the outlying areas you're just that much farther away.
crime is more of an issue now than when i lived there even though there were certianly areas that had major crime problems then as well. looking at the crime map for the area is probably helpful.
salisbury has a low-key lifestyle and ease of living that i found appealing. if it were possible, i'd probably consider returning.

catsy girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland