Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:26 PM

31 posts, read 44,780 times

Advertisements

Hey I can get with you on illegal immigrants. they can fight their country for benefits not ours. You have a point with that one. And I guess I'm one of these evil liberals you all talk about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,399,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
You people need to stop acting like a bunch of scared cowards and do something very activist to overthrow the Communist Left Wing Extremist Maryland Government...

All of this BS talking and running away like rats is not going to make things better.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
All while those with a conservative bent move away, those with a liberal bent see Maryland as a potential home for themselves, where they will find everlasting happiness.

So, if you are a conservative and you hang tough trying to make a change, you find that the odds are getting even worse because of the influx of people who want to use your hard earned income to support their lifestyle.
You can not predict the future of Democrats continuing to control and dictate Maryland.......

The same way Jim Crow was overthrown from power throughout the South is the same way the Evil anti-Progressive Maryland Hating Democrats will FALL from Controlling/Dictating Power in he state of Maryland........

Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
The rest of us are already paying for you ICC with the increased tolls at all of the bridges and tunnels.

Maybe you'd like us to pay your mortgages as well?
Something is wrong anyway, when it cost Maryland $2.6 billion to build the 18-mile intercounty connector over gently rolling pastureland.

By contrast, Mexico recently spent only $1.5 billion to build a 140-mile toll road over difficult terrain called the "Devil's Backbone" in the Sierra Madre mountains. It includes 62 tunnels and 135 bridges, and goes over yawning ravines and sheer ridges. (read the front-page article of a week ago, here http://www.washingtonpost.com ).

I think we should contract out our future highway construction to Mexican firms.

As for uncollected online sales taxes, this problem is costing U.S. states an estimated $23 billion this year in lost revenue, according to "USA Today's" front-page lead article on February 8.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 AM

503 posts, read 806,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
As for uncollected online sales taxes, this problem is costing U.S. states an estimated $23 billion this year in lost revenue, according to "USA Today's" front-page lead article on February 8.
That's a flawed position because it presumes that the money is the state's money and not the money of the people who earned it.

I get tired of this "lost revenue" argument because it's a position that the state is somehow entitled to that money. They aren't. It's my money.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM

70 posts, read 136,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
That's a flawed position because it presumes that the money is the state's money and not the money of the people who earned it.

I get tired of this "lost revenue" argument because it's a position that the state is somehow entitled to that money. They aren't. It's my money.
EXACTLY. Well said.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 PM

31 posts, read 76,853 times
Right on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland