Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,043,781 times

Advertisements

They raised the taxes on people making over $250K. I only made $50K, so what did I care?
Half the people making more than $250K moved away. Revenues fell short.

They raised the taxes on people making over $200K. I only made $50K, so what did I care?
Half the people making more than $200K moved away. Revenues fell short.

They raised the taxes on people making over $150K. I only made $50K, so what did I care?
Half the people making more than $150K moved away. Revenues fell short.

They raised the taxes on people making over $100K. I only made $50K, so what did I care?
Half the people making more than $100K moved away. Revenues fell short.

Then they raised tolls, sales taxes, income taxes, and even went so far as to tax my bodily functions (flush tax)!
Then, when I tried to move away, I found I had no money left to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM

503 posts, read 803,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'm fine with the tax if it all goes to transportation and infrastructure. We need a Purple Line sooner rather than later.
The rest of us are already paying for you ICC with the increased tolls at all of the bridges and tunnels.

Maybe you'd like us to pay your mortgages as well?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 AM

4,363 posts, read 7,023,487 times
Only 5 U.S. states currently require online sellers to add tax to merchandise, up front.

More on this matter

Alliance for Main Street Fairness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main Street Fairness Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

Old 02-04-2012, 03:04 PM

31 posts, read 44,606 times
As always when I see these same old complaints my question is what would you do instead? It's one thing to not like a decision, but at least have something constructive. Don't just say let's cuts costs, give specific things to cut. No one wants to sacrifice anything, lose any comfort, or do anything but complain. Has anyone gone to their boss or complained about their corporate leaders being comfortable and getting raises that allow them to survive while they make you fight for crumbs? I got a 3% raise last year my company CEO got over 10 million in bonus compensation on top of salary. That money would have been better spent trickling down so I could have it to spend. If every company thought to take those actions the economy would get moving and they would still reap the benefits. One person sacrificing.

My point being, I dont want to pay anymore taxes either, but the people who can afford to take less refuse to and until they are held accountable as well, the state governments are going to be strapped and have to take these measures.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 PM

503 posts, read 803,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt1881 View Post
As always when I see these same old complaints my question is what would you do instead? It's one thing to not like a decision, but at least have something constructive. Don't just say let's cuts costs, give specific things to cut. No one wants to sacrifice anything, lose any comfort, or do anything but complain. Has anyone gone to their boss or complained about their corporate leaders being comfortable and getting raises that allow them to survive while they make you fight for crumbs? I got a 3% raise last year my company CEO got over 10 million in bonus compensation on top of salary. That money would have been better spent trickling down so I could have it to spend. If every company thought to take those actions the economy would get moving and they would still reap the benefits. One person sacrificing.

My point being, I dont want to pay anymore taxes either, but the people who can afford to take less refuse to and until they are held accountable as well, the state governments are going to be strapped and have to take these measures.

Here's one that's easy...cut funding to Casa De Maryland. Right away you've saved a bunch of teachers' positions, or cops, or firefighters......take your pick.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Owe'Malley probably won't change his stripes any time soon as long as the New York Times keeps touting him for 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/su...s.html?_r=2&hp

Maybe I will have to hold off looking for a better state to retire to, and instead start looking for a better country.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:34 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,384,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Owe'Malley probably won't change his stripes any time soon as long as the New York Times keeps touting him for 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/su...s.html?_r=2&hp

Maybe I will have to hold off looking for a better state to retire to, and instead start looking for a better country.
You people need to stop acting like a bunch of scared cowards and do something very activist to overthrow the Communist Left Wing Extremist Maryland Government...

All of this BS talking and running away like rats is not going to make things better.......

Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
You people need to stop acting like a bunch of scared cowards and do something very activist to overthrow the Communist Left Wing Extremist Maryland Government...

All of this BS talking and running away like rats is not going to make things better.......
All while those with a conservative bent move away, those with a liberal bent see Maryland as a potential home for themselves, where they will find everlasting happiness.

So, if you are a conservative and you hang tough trying to make a change, you find that the odds are getting even worse because of the influx of people who want to use your hard earned income to support their lifestyle.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,956,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Here's one that's easy...cut funding to Casa De Maryland. Right away you've saved a bunch of teachers' positions, or cops, or firefighters......take your pick.
absolutely. what a stupid waste of resources that is.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Seeing what a lame duck politician can be like, imagine what it could be like if the current president becomes one. How much more debt can this country handle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland