Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:27 PM

501 posts, read 1,161,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcountryboy View Post
definataly not western howard county, carroll county, northern baltimore couonty or anywhere in far western maryland.
You should probably not go and speak for entire regions of the state because you, and perhaps your circle of friends and family, are against gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 AM

92 posts, read 429,051 times
I cant think a region that would be particularly bad, maryland in general is pretty open minded, even in some of the rural areas. If you're looking to meet people, you should probably stay closer to the cities (DC, Baltimore, Bethesda, Annapolis, etc) and their suburbs. You'll probably find more of the amenities you mentioned there anyway. If you're looking to get a little closer to nature and further from the big cities, a city in western MD like Frederick or Cumberland might fit the bill too.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM

8 posts, read 10,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notswedish View Post
Hello,

Thanks for reading. Please know that I am not needing any advice on being gay, black or democrat.

I am looking to relocate to the Maryland area. I am not quite a city girl (eh em...woman, 47), but I like to be close to the amenities. I love dance culture, art exhibits. But I also love to grow my garden every year.

I would like to be no further than 1-3 hrs from salt water. I know...

I appreciate multiculturalism.

Thank you for any input!
Your best bets would be Montgomery County, Baltimore City, and Howard County. Montgomery is the most liberal jurisdiction in Maryland. Baltimore City is the 2nd most. In Howard County, I would urge you to consider Columbia. You could also consider Catonsville in Baltimore County.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM

29 posts, read 69,087 times
Hi there,
How about Laurel? Honestlt the who entrie MD is gay mareiage friendly but some parts are jus yeah different
Anyways Laurels nice. No high buildings close to.commute many stores and restaurants and you said you wantted to have a garden from what I just saw looking at Trulia you can get half an acre with 4 bds and 3 baths at the price of 275 heres the address 8413 holly st laurel md

or you could try Silver Spring but I think SS is much more for younger couples and hippies its more citish than Laurel a better nightlife than Laurel but farer from the Ocean x

Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM

386 posts, read 655,512 times
Id stick to Columbia. Technically a city (at least in my eyes) but doesnt feel like a real city mostly. Plus there is all sorts of "cultural" things going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland