U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think gay marriage will stay in Maryland?
Yes 34 61.82%
No 13 23.64%
Yes after the court overturns the referendum if passed in Nov. 2012 9 16.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:03 AM

15 posts, read 33,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
White trendies playing the victim? Nice.

Why do you declare yourself against something that has no effect on you, but could make many people very happy?
You fail to realize I'd also make many people very -sad- by trampling on thier beliefs and religious freedom.. This is the problem with elitest, thier selfish attitude keeps them from they seeing both sides of an issue.

Outside of the physically and mentally handicapped. I don't have patience for ANYONE who plays the victim card for political purposes. If you want to convince someone about accepting gay marriage debate them and have a battle of ideas, don't attempt to silence them or worst, slander them as haters. Its hateful, hypocritical,and unamerican..I personally take a defensive approach when anyone does this and I immediately reject thier ideas. This is what turned me off to gay marriage and the gay movement in general. Our sexual preferences in general really has no place in the public discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM

866 posts, read 2,356,238 times
I fail to see how allowing civil gay marriage affects anyone's religious freedom. Churches aren't required to perform gay marriage.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I fail to see how allowing civil gay marriage affects anyone's religious freedom. Churches aren't required to perform gay marriage.
Well then you dont understand politics or how the world works. Of course it will.They'll eventually get butt hurt and accuse churches of discrimination (for not performing marraiges) and the beat goes on. I'm pretty confident churches have thought three, four, or five steps ahead of the legislation being proposed today.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:09 PM

568 posts, read 1,225,858 times
I don't give a rat's ass if gays want to marry. They're as entitled to be as miserable as the rest of us.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM

53 posts, read 92,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Exactly and that's why I look forward to signing the petition and voting No in November.
we need more people like you

Old 03-23-2012, 01:48 PM

358 posts, read 749,045 times
I for one am FOR gay marriage. Quite honestly I do feel anyone who's against gay marriage is homophobic and needs to re-evaluate their lives to see why they're opposed to something that doesn't affect them in any way. How does two men (or women) in a loving, committed relationship getting married possibly hurt you, your life, or your children?

This is akin to people being against black/white marriages because it was "unnatural".

I am a conservative on many issues, but on most social issues I am not. Consenting adults should be allowed to do whatever they want so long as they aren't harming someone else or impeding on someone else's rights. Gay marriage does neither.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 PM

10,136 posts, read 12,004,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
I for one am FOR gay marriage. Quite honestly I do feel anyone who's against gay marriage is homophobic and needs to re-evaluate their lives to see why they're opposed to something that doesn't affect them in any way. How does two men (or women) in a loving, committed relationship getting married possibly hurt you, your life, or your children?

This is akin to people being against black/white marriages because it was "unnatural".

I am a conservative on many issues, but on most social issues I am not. Consenting adults should be allowed to do whatever they want so long as they aren't harming someone else or impeding on someone else's rights. Gay marriage does neither.
So if they are two consenting adults and they don't hurt anyone else then they should be able to get married? What about siblings? Do they count too? They can be consenting and they won't harm others right?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
So if they are two consenting adults and they don't hurt anyone else then they should be able to get married? What about siblings? Do they count too? They can be consenting and they won't harm others right?
***grabs popcorn***

Old 03-24-2012, 03:52 PM

9,396 posts, read 14,040,426 times
Quote:
In my perfect world there'd be little or no tax benefits for marriage, so yeah why not?

Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM

358 posts, read 749,045 times
Quote:
In the case of siblings, they could potentially be harming their offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or