U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think gay marriage will stay in Maryland?
Yes 34 61.82%
No 13 23.64%
Yes after the court overturns the referendum if passed in Nov. 2012 9 16.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 AM

10,136 posts, read 12,004,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
In the case of siblings, they could potentially be harming their offspring.
So you mean being consenting adults and not harming others, shouldn't be the only qualifications? What are you basing this off of, because I'm sure supporters of such a thing will make similar arguments, so I'm just curious as to how we are determining what is right or wrong in this country...

I mean the opponents of gay marriage could argue that gay marriages don't produce offspring, so what's worse no offspring or harmed offspring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM

34,792 posts, read 44,295,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
In the case of siblings, they could potentially be harming their offspring.
What if they're gay siblings?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 3,198 times
Smile Considering move to western Md from NC

Hi
My partner and I are considering a move from NC to Maryland. We prefer a mountainous area. We are hopeful the Gay Marriage law will stand !!
My family is in Western WV so Maryland would be nearly perfect. How is the western part of the state? We don't want city but don't want to live so far out that sunshine must be piped in either. I am a medical professional and am just finishing massage therapy school in Charlotte. My partner has a successful Dog Grooming Salon.
We are not an in your face type couple just want to live our lives in peace and quiet. Any info and advice about the area would be appreciated.
RDG

Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM

5,257 posts, read 8,454,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeptech View Post
Hi
My partner and I are considering a move from NC to Maryland. We prefer a mountainous area. We are hopeful the Gay Marriage law will stand !!
My family is in Western WV so Maryland would be nearly perfect. How is the western part of the state? We don't want city but don't want to live so far out that sunshine must be piped in either. I am a medical professional and am just finishing massage therapy school in Charlotte. My partner has a successful Dog Grooming Salon.
We are not an in your face type couple just want to live our lives in peace and quiet. Any info and advice about the area would be appreciated.
RDG

What does that mean?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM

568 posts, read 1,225,858 times
Ironically, I think most opposition to gay marriage will come from the Democrat-voting blacks as it did in CA.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 AM

3 posts, read 1,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I think someone mentioned this on another thread, but people are underestimating the power of President Obama's re-election and what impact it will have on this. His re-election is going to bring out droves of black church goers, who were the main ones who got the bill killed last year. I don't know if that will be enough to stop it, but it won't be as easy as it would have been in a non-presidential election year.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 AM

3 posts, read 1,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
Ironically, I think most opposition to gay marriage will come from the Democrat-voting blacks as it did in CA.
I am confused as to how this is ironic.
I'm black so... not confusing to me at all.
Being gay has nothing to do with being black. Its not similar nor is it relevant to the plight of African Americans.
That said I couldn't care less abt this bill. Theres more pressing things to be concerned with, like the sickening prices of rent in the area.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM

10,136 posts, read 12,004,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerSolstice21 View Post
I am confused as to how this is ironic.
I'm black so... not confusing to me at all.
Being gay has nothing to do with being black. Its not similar nor is it relevant to the plight of African Americans.
That said I couldn't care less abt this bill. Theres more pressing things to be concerned with, like the sickening prices of rent in the area.
The point is, the topic of homosexuality, in general, is considered taboo in the black community. It is often shunned and frown upon which is one of the reasons why there is an epidemic of down low brothers. Of course that doesn't apply to everyone, but the overwhelming majority it definitely does.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM

386 posts, read 567,510 times
Native southerner born and raised in this Great state and Im for it passing. I dont see how being for this passing makes anyone less southern BTW. To give yall and idea of my political veiws Im a gun toting, pro life registered republican. Oh and my wife is for it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or