Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM

6 posts, read 39,876 times

Advertisements

I'm looking in Montgomery County. I don't have a realtor yet, so I'm doing my research before calling one. I've heard Montgomery County has a first time home buyers incentive or plan of some kind. Anyone know about it? Also, I'm trying to decide between condo or townhome. I've heard of King Farm and Quince Orchard areas as good places to look. This true? How about Montgomery Village? Thanks for your thoughts. Oh yeah, any good realtors you'd recommend for first time buyers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 04:48 PM

33 posts, read 170,100 times
Default Maryland CDA loans

Have you looked at Marylands More House for Less program? The state has some loans and incentives for 1st time home buyers. Just google Maryland Dept of housing to find the info. I do not know if there is anything out there specifically for Montgomery County, but someone on this board may know. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM

6 posts, read 39,876 times
Default Thank you

That info on Maryland Homes 4 Less was very valuable. Thanks for the reference to the website!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM

103 posts, read 537,785 times
You may also want to look into FHA loans -- we did that for our first home.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM

250 posts, read 1,377,581 times
The State of Maryland does have an incentive program for first time home buyers that is essentially a discount on the taxes and recordation costs at closing. King Farm and Quince Orchard are very nice places to look at, there's also quite a bit available. Make sure that the realtor you choose has a strong track record for negotiation and you should be able to get some or all of your closing costs paid for by the seller. This is a buyers market right now and that means the ability to negotiate on behalf of buyers has grown considerably. If you're in need of a good realtor, I highly recommend you give me a call, I'm familiar with the area you're loooking at and my team has 10 years of experience helping first time homebuyers such as yourself understand how the process works and making sure the transaction runs smoothly!

Jonathan Benya, Realtor
Century 21 New Millennium
Team Benya
301-653-8116

3 Agents for the price of 1. It just makes sense.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM

915 posts, read 3,179,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckinmd View Post
I'm looking in Montgomery County. I don't have a realtor yet, so I'm doing my research before calling one. I've heard Montgomery County has a first time home buyers incentive or plan of some kind. Anyone know about it? Also, I'm trying to decide between condo or townhome. I've heard of King Farm and Quince Orchard areas as good places to look. This true? How about Montgomery Village? Thanks for your thoughts. Oh yeah, any good realtors you'd recommend for first time buyers?
Not just MoCo . Ann Arundel , Baltimore County , Baltimore City they have incentive...but you have to attend a couple hours of classes and counseling. YOU can use CDA + (SELP or DSELP)

Old 09-19-2007, 08:59 PM

33 posts, read 170,100 times
For the CDA loan, you can do the counselling class online and take the test. That's how we did it as we could not find a class that could fit both my and my husband's schedules. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,687 times
Default Montgomery County Realtor

As a first-time home buyer, I used a wonderful agent:

Peter Evans
www.buywithpeter.com

He's based in Montgomery Village, but knows the wider area very well.

He explained every step of the process, didn't pressure me AT ALL and listened to everything I wanted in a home. And, he was a lot of fun to work with!

Good luck.o

Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM

915 posts, read 3,179,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor View Post
For the CDA loan, you can do the counselling class online and take the test. That's how we did it as we could not find a class that could fit both my and my husband's schedules. Good luck!
a little pain in the butt but 6% interest is nice

Old 09-25-2007, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,614 times
Default Realtor

Check out Maryland Home Programs This site is being devloped by the Maryland Association of Realtors to assist home buyers with financing programs available. As you make your choice for an agent in the area you plan to locate in, be sure to understand Agency. Find and Agent that will represent you as a Buyers Agent. This is required to be disclosed at your first face to face meeitng. Anything other than Buyer Agency is not in your best interest. Many agents opperate as Sellers Agents or Cooperating Agents and their fudiciary responsibilty is to the Sellers. A Buyers Agent works for you and in your best interests and their fudiciary responsibilty is directly to you.

On the site above,there is a list of Agents by region that have been Workforce Housing Certified and can assist you in your home buying experience.

good luck in your search.

Doug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland