U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,487 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about relocating to the Dundalk/Essex area.
I'm familiar with the area but not not the schools.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a little info. on the
Elementary/middle schools in the area. My kids are not tough and
and I'd like to put them in a school where I think they will feel safe.
Also, I'd like to have them attend a school where they may actully learn something. Any thoughts? I spent some time in Dundalk when I was younger and I'm pretty familiar with the rough/better areas. I'm just
not too hip to the school system. I've looked at school links before, but I'd like to have some honest/personal input please from real folks--not just data.

Thanks a bunch.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 PM

74 posts, read 292,337 times
I can't and won't comment about the elementary and middle schools in the area, but I attended Eastern Tech High and it is a wonderful school. It is a blue ribbon school and is highly regarded. Very difficult to get in though. If I were moving to these areas, that is what I would set my mind on.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM

7 posts, read 27,693 times
id rather shoot myself then move to the dundalk area my step brother grew up there and he ended up dropping out all the kids there have this ego " i go hard " " ill F you up " kinda thing on there mind and are about gangs and what else not i wouldnt not advise it

Old 09-18-2007, 03:43 AM

217 posts, read 723,695 times
I co-worker of mine lived in DUNDAWK and was spun up because one of her daughters attending an elementary public school actually spelled the name of the city they lived in as "Boddimore".

Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 AM

969 posts, read 2,676,586 times
Just last night a Dundalk mother had her two children taken by a non-custodial father - from the pictures they showed on the news the area looked pretty run down

Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 AM

913 posts, read 3,030,288 times
lol so much negative...ya ya people..from your view, only school in howard county is good....give me a break ok?

Dundalk has some alright school. After all it's Baltimore County school system.

Here is a link to check on school and demographic

2007 Maryland Report Card

Old 09-20-2007, 07:42 AM

74 posts, read 292,337 times
I don't know if it is negative, or just the truth. I grew up in Baltimore County and would never steer someone towards Dundalk/Essex on purpose. Just like I would never steer someone towards Edgewood/Joppatowne on purpose in Harford County. Sure, there are good areas in all parts of town (Yes, even Dundalk/Essex), but you need to look outside of the box of the good neighborhood you may be sitting in. "Trouble" expands, and I would like to be as far away as possible from the "not so ideal" areas.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:14 AM

913 posts, read 3,030,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be South View Post
I don't know if it is negative, or just the truth. I grew up in Baltimore County and would never steer someone towards Dundalk/Essex on purpose. Just like I would never steer someone towards Edgewood/Joppatowne on purpose in Harford County. Sure, there are good areas in all parts of town (Yes, even Dundalk/Essex), but you need to look outside of the box of the good neighborhood you may be sitting in. "Trouble" expands, and I would like to be as far away as possible from the "not so ideal" areas.
soon u will be in delaware!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 AM

56 posts, read 249,194 times
if you want your daughters to end up strippers for truck drivers then by all means have them go to high school in dundalk.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:00 AM

68 posts, read 202,376 times
Red face Is Essex OK?

I just want to start by saying that I grew up in the Arbutus/Catonsville area of town. But about 10 years ago I moved with my wife and daughter to Essex because it was closer to my job. We bought a house and lived there for about 8 years. To start with Essex is just like everywhere else you have descent people and peolple that are not so descent. But what most people consider to be Essex is not really Essex, it's either Middlesex or Middleriver etc. and I do realize that they are emidate neighbors but it's a diffent world. Peolpe would always say to me when I told them where I lived that was either the good part of Essex or they don't really consider that to be Essex. I would ask them well what part are you refering to? And time after time the areas they would mention would not even be Essex but one of thier neighboring areas. With that said I moved my family back to Catonsville 2 years ago. Essex Elemntary school is a really good school, I know that first hand my kids attended it. I also heard that Eastern High was good as well, but I can say that Stemmers Run Middle and Kenwood High are not thought very highly of. Once again though you start factoring in the quality of the neighboring areas. And tell you the truth I'm actully in the process of selling my house in Catonsville and moving my family to Wisconsin. To me Maryland is too expesive to live, has too much crime, and has the highest cancer rate in the nation. But to each it's own. So if your interested in Catonsville, which has very good schools from start to finish, I have a house on the market. Let me know, or if you just have any further quetions. Good luck and remember to enjoy life no matter where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland