Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Maryland officially passes Gay Marriage
I support it 47 79.66%
I oppose it 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Maryland! Citizens of your state should be proud!

Sadly, some people believe the civil rights of an entire class of people should go up for a vote by the majority, but fortunately, your people proved to be articulate and compassionate. I'm so happy for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,083,237 times
I find it interesting how the various jurisdictions in MD voted. 6 of the 24 subdivisions of MD voted for the referendum. Montgomery, Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore counties and Baltimore City were all somewhat expected. But the sixth subdivision was a surprise. In spite of going strongly for Romney, conservative Frederick County was for Question 6! For all those who make fun of the 'Frednecks' of Frederick County take note of where this conservative county stood on the issue Compared to the 'liberal' Prince Georges county. My fellow farmers and commuters made me proud.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,104 times
I'm for it because if straight men have to fear getting taken.to the cleaners by their wife gay folks should also have that fear. You had it great before the vote. You could screw around and not have to worry about your spouse taking your house, your 401k, paying alimony,etc. You gays think you won but in reality this is a step backwards

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,011,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
I find it interesting how the various jurisdictions in MD voted. 6 of the 24 subdivisions of MD voted for the referendum. Montgomery, Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore counties and Baltimore City were all somewhat expected. But the sixth subdivision was a surprise. In spite of going strongly for Romney, conservative Frederick County was for Question 6! For all those who make fun of the 'Frednecks' of Frederick County take note of where this conservative county stood on the issue Compared to the 'liberal' Prince Georges county. My fellow farmers and commuters made me proud.

I'm guessing by your screen name that you live in the Middletown Valley. In reviewing the votes regarding Question 6, it is clear that the "DC people" (as referred to by the natives) were overwhelmingly in favor of marriage equality, while the folks in the Middletown Valley and other "rural areas" were overwhelmingly not.

Even though I was pleasantly surprised by Frederick County's overall vote, it was most decidedly not your fellow farmers' vote that was part of the win. It was those d*** D.C. people!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 AM

386 posts, read 655,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I'm for it because if straight men have to fear getting taken.to the cleaners by their wife gay folks should also have that fear. You had it great before the vote. You could screw around and not have to worry about your spouse taking your house, your 401k, paying alimony,etc. You gays think you won but in reality this is a step backwards
I lold. What I always say is " they should be able to make the same mistakes as straight people!".

Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM

201 posts, read 573,768 times
I was very proud of Maryland for making this decision

Old 11-09-2012, 12:04 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,229,933 times
Wow, I find it interesting that some posters whom I thought were Conservatives are supporting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Opposition is futile at this point. It's law, and it's a good one.
Not really. It can always be petitioned and put back on the ballot for another vote.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,507,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Not really. It can always be petitioned and put back on the ballot for another vote.
Keep dreaming. It's over. And your life is no worse for wear.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Is it true that Maryland will be changing its name to Marryland?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM

575 posts, read 553,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Is it true that Maryland will be changing its name to Marryland?
No, but that would be awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland