Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 5,191 times

Advertisements

Thank you! I think we're looking seriously at Forest Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM

9 posts, read 10,508 times
Very familiar with forest hill, nice area but in harford county. The ones I mentioned are just over the line in Baltimore county. BIG difference. In time you will see this. I would rent for a spell and really check things out carefully. Good luck! JM .go to palmisono'scarry out in baldwin Maryland, ( baltimore county)great place! Have a sub sandwich or coffee and branch out from there. The owners know the whole area. 10 min. from bel air. I lived in bel air years ago and it was a terrific little town, very picturesque, no longer. Forest hill is bel air annex.

Last edited by Jimmy McGee; 03-04-2013 at 09:40 PM..

Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 AM

553 posts, read 1,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McGee View Post
The humidity is much worse than say parry sound, and it's hotter. Remember these names...monkton, Maryland, Jacksonville, Maryland. Price range is suitable and zoning is much better, much more protected. The drive to work a little longer but WELL worth it! Bel air, nice 25 years ago has been ruined by poor zoning laws and terrible traffic planning. Check out carol manner school near Jacksonville. From Edgewood to Jacksonville, mountain road to hess road, etc. is easy once your on to it. Jim
This is spot on.

In terms of schools, safer neighborhoods these neighborhoods beat their Harford county counterparts.

You would be hard pressed to find a new home in Monkton, Jacksonville, Phoenix or Sparks for 400s-500s. But you'd be in Baltimore County.

I have spewed about the differences between Harford and Baltimore counties ad infinitum in past posts if you search, but knowing what I know now and having children, I would never choose to live in Forest Hill or Harford County based on the school system alone.

For full on data for schools, go to mdreportcard.org

Also there was a ton of development in Forest Hill during the housing boom, and there are quite a few foreclosures in the pipeline there...you can search for them now on Zillow. Here's the sort of foreclosures there should be plenty of over the next 6-24 months:

102 Calder Ct, Forest Hill, MD 21050 - Zillow

1709 White Pine Way, Forest Hill, MD 21050 - Zillow

Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 PM

9 posts, read 10,508 times
Default Jacksonville etc.

There are homes in this area and near Carroll manor school that come up in this price range if you scour the area carefully. Not new but nice well built homes 20-30 years old built better than the new ones for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland