Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Whatever.

You Republicans (conservatives) are content to fiddle while Rome burns (so to speak), and yet, you wonder why Romney lost and why you lost more seats in both the Senate and House. I hope you and your ilk continue to ignore people like me until you no longer exist as a political party.
Both parties are terrible, get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Both parties are terrible, get over it.
Really?!

Both parties are terrible?

This whole sequestration mess boils down to the Republicans refusing to close one tax loophole for the rich that would produce much needed revenue to keep the government (and the economy) running smoothly.

In fact, as Paul Krugman stated Friday on The Ed Schultz Show, the deficit does not need to be addressed for at least 10 years and the sequestration is absolutely the wrong thing to do. He further stated that our emphasis sholud be on strengthening the economy by reducing unemployment via investing more tax money into infrastructure stimulus programs (i.e. - repairing the roads, bridges, dams, levees, etc.).

However, I guess you think that reducing unemployment and repairing our infrastructure so we don't have any more bridges collapse (like the I-35 bridge in MN) or levees fail (like in New Orleans) is a "terrible" idea.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 PM

9 posts, read 10,512 times
Martin just doesn't seem to be presidential timber. He, like mitt just thinks he is. He's dreaming. The big credit card guy George bush is who put us in the toilet. Charged two wars, Medicare, killed 6000 young Americans and the care of the 35 THOUSAND wounded will amount to billions. Not to mention the 700 million dollar embassy in iraq, billions of cash missing, etc.The current White House occupant took over a nation in chapter 7 and with the current Wall Street lobbyists protecting criminal bankers it will undoubtedly happen again. WW 2 is what got us out of the Great Depression, read government spending. Trickle down economics did not. Martin better try to help Baltimore which is going bankrupt and refuses to have an honest independent audit. Start there Martin! The president should bring Paul krugman to the whitehouse along with joesph Stieglitz and listen carefully to what they say and do what they say and stop trying to negotiate with bohener until he goes to a clinic, gets some help and drys out. JM

Last edited by Jimmy McGee; 03-04-2013 at 09:57 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_s View Post
You dont have to live in rural Maryland to feel the pinch from the feds or Omalley...I havent had a raise in over 5 years and my paychecks have gone down over the years with Omoney and Obummer in office. 2013 alone I lost 2% extra to the feds and almost 1/3% extra to Maryland. You say thats not much huh? Well with the immense rise in food, utilities, fuel, etc it means alot! I was already having issues paying bills and these clowns take more money each year. By the time the gerrymandering takes full effect of drowning out anything but blue in a 50/50 red/blue state Ill be making less then I was before college.

Our schools are not better because of politicians. Our schools are better because of hard working teachers like my wife busting her ass for next to nothing in pay. She has a Bachelors and masters from top schools and makes pitiful money. Seem fair that rich politicians DOING NOTHING ABOUT EDUCATION get all the credit????

Our roads are crappy, but definitely not as bad as the Northeast so Ill concede that point a bit.

Education costs are out of control. Sure we may not be rising as bad like other states but still its too expensive for most to even attend community college let alone a University.

Cost of living is on the rise with fuel rising over $4 a gallon in some areas, food is ridiculously priced, utilities are becoming too much to afford, and all I see are layoffs and cut backs with no jobs being created. Housing is still too far inflated for the average "middle class" family to afford.

Gun control? Dont get me started on this one. We have a perfect system in place that DOESNT GET USED! NICs is the perfect way to eradicate the mentally ill from obtaining firearms but the state doesnt use the system. 50 people were reported in 2012, and Im sure there are ALOT more mentally ill then that in the state. Instead of addressing mental health they go after responsible owners. Instead of addressing the catch and release criminal justice system, they work to errode the Constitution.

Look Ill give the blues in the state the castle doctrine, marriage equality and the possibility of the end to marijuana prohibition. But it ends there. When they erode rights, tax the living hell out of us despite a recession, and pass laws without the thought of representing their constituents it angers me. How some are ok with rights and money being taken away is beyond me. What ever happened to majority rules and minority rights??????
All of these are simply diversions used to pick the pockets of the taxpayers.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Really?!

This whole sequestration mess boils down to the Republicans refusing to close one tax loophole for the rich that would produce much needed revenue to keep the government (and the economy) running smoothly.

In fact, as Paul Krugman stated Friday on The Ed Schultz Show, the deficit does not need to be addressed for at least 10 years and the sequestration is absolutely the wrong thing to do. He further stated that our emphasis sholud be on strengthening the economy by reducing unemployment via investing more tax money into infrastructure stimulus programs (i.e. - repairing the roads, bridges, dams, levees, etc.).

However, I guess you think that reducing unemployment and repairing our infrastructure so we don't have any more bridges collapse (like the I-35 bridge in MN) or levees fail (like in New Orleans) is a "terrible" idea.
No, it boils down to the children involved. The children involves people from both sides who lack sound judgement. As long as you keep playing this game of "its this party fault"....you will not see any progress.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM

7,017 posts, read 11,310,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
No, it boils down to the children involved. The children involves people from both sides who lack sound judgement. As long as you keep playing this game of "its this party fault"....you will not see any progress.
They won't let me rep you anymore, so +1!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Really?!

You're not telling the truth. In fact, this is so far from the truth I don't even know where to begin to dissect it. The tell-tale sign of why you're not on par with the facts?Because you actually had the gumption to use Ed Schultz' show as your source.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 PM

26 posts, read 54,994 times
I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THIS CROOK,I EVEN CREATED A BLOG TO TELL OTHERS NOT TO VOTE FOR OMALLEY Dont Vote Martin O Malley

Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM

26 posts, read 54,994 times
I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR THIS CROOK,I EVEN CREATED A BLOG TO TELL OTHERS NOT TO VOTE FOR OMALLEY Dont Vote Martin O Malley

Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM

342 posts, read 912,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it, O'Malley's tax and spend record is such that he'd never in a million years appeal to the masses. Indeed, O'Malley has raised Maryland taxes roughly 20 times since 2007 and the State has actually seen a DECREASE in revenues.

So why does he even contemplate Presidential aspirations? Not to mention that his speech at the 2012 Democratic Convention was not well received, and even Marylander's give him the big thumbs down for a Presidential run.

Can someone please tell O'Malley to ride out his term and disappear for good? He has no future in Presidential politics.

NONE.

Poll: Most Maryland residents don't think Martin O'Malley should run for president | WashingtonExaminer.com

Not everyone felt jazzed up by O?Malley?s speech - Washington Post

In Maryland, Higher Taxes Chase Out Rich: Study
He may never win, but there is no doubt in my mind he will run in 2016, he will lose the primary and I could see him being a VP finalist for Hillary or Biden. You may not like his politics or high taxes but fact is he is the two term governor of one of the most prosperous states in the nation with a relatively low unemployment rate and yes he did raise taxes. But on the campaign trail raising taxes will equate to HE CLOSED A 2 BILLION DOLLAR BUDGET DEFICIT, that a republican could not!! I understand everyone's frustration with taxes and i hate paying them as well. But the state has to find a way to fix its crumbling infrastructure and build more schools because despite census numbers no municipality in this state is really getting smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland