Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 PM

5 posts, read 21,309 times

Advertisements

if it sounds too good to be true..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
W.A W.A started this thread

11 posts, read 60,241 times
Thanks Re-foundingmother for the valuable info. this is great help, I just hope they found the vehicles soon, it seems that's the only thing they will be able to liquidate. I don't think they will find a whole lot in the Bank accounts. We'll contact the receiver this morning and find out what excatly we need to be doing!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:28 AM

8 posts, read 24,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A View Post
Thanks Re-foundingmother for the valuable info. this is great help, I just hope they found the vehicles soon, it seems that's the only thing they will be able to liquidate. I don't think they will find a whole lot in the Bank accounts. We'll contact the receiver this morning and find out what excatly we need to be doing!
Again, sorry for your troubles, but the reason why there is no money in the bank, is because I would think they used your money to pay off their own mortgages, and make no mistake, some of the "execs" apparently own multiple homes. And not cheap ones either!! Just read through all the blogs as Re Mo has pointed out on other sites. Scam.com and 419.legal

Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,836 times
Default POS Dream Home Scam.

I know someone personally who worked for this company. The whole family, wife (Board Member), husband, sister and children. Getting inside information, employees had drivers who drove them to and from work everyday in expensive cars and SUVs. This was one of the PERKS for working for the company. The couple's home was in the program and have all lost jobs with the company. It is my understanding that the COMPANY HAS SHUT DOWN. I knew from the start that this was to good to be true. I heard that the CEO was jailed.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM

8 posts, read 24,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlegirl View Post
I know someone personally who worked for this company. The whole family, wife (Board Member), husband, sister and children. Getting inside information, employees had drivers who drove them to and from work everyday in expensive cars and SUVs. This was one of the PERKS for working for the company. The couple's home was in the program and have all lost jobs with the company. It is my understanding that the COMPANY HAS SHUT DOWN. I knew from the start that this was to good to be true. I heard that the CEO was jailed.
This site has not been active of late. If you have not done so already, you need to go to scam.com, look under mortgage fraud/scams and go to site that says have anyone heard about metro dream homes (or something to that affect) see you there.

Old 03-10-2024, 12:39 PM

59 posts, read 258,286 times
is there any way to resurrect web pages from scam.com (wayback machine)?

Old 03-10-2024, 03:58 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Not sure of your question and why this thread was bumped. But it was an interesting read. For those who followed it the owner of Metro Dream Homes was sentenced to 150 years in 2012. As he was 61 at the time, well he will never see freedom again.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/ba...e-fraud-scheme

Old 03-12-2024, 07:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A View Post
The biggest SCAAAAAAM Ever!!!!!!!!

My poor parents have been trying to get out of this contract. They joined this company about March of this year after paying $4500 Admin. Fees. Last June they pulled out 50k of the home equity and gave it to metro dream home. The contract stated that Metro Dream Home will pay full mortgae + $1000 every month. Keep in mind they were paying $3000 before they pulled out that equity. After they signed up the mortgate has increased to $4500. Problems came up; Metero Homes only paid July and August after so many calls and visit to the now closed office in Laurel, MD. My parents ended up paying for August after they were advised to pay and then metro dream will re-imburse. Nothing was paid until now this is end of October. So it means they would have to pay + the late fees. By the way that $1000 on the contract was never paid out. Now, we are looking every where for these people to cancel the contract and redeem the rest of the $54,500. By the way they don't answer any phones, e-mails, or fax. Offices in MD and D.C are closed.

Also, My sister has enrolled her house in the program and has sent a letter about 3 weeks ago to cancel but no answer. Metro Dream sent an e-mail that the last day to withdrew and get the rest of your money is 10/27/07 but they have disapeared from all locations.

I myself has enrolled in the program but only paid administration fees and was promised to be refunded if i change my mind. I sent an e-mail to my representative asking about the process of getting my $. For two weeks now and not a single answer.

This was tooooo good to be true and we all had the feeling that it might be a scam, but other people in the program gave us comfort that this might be the oppourtunity of a life time.
We're waiting to see the end of it and I hope they all get punished for the stress they created to thousands of people. I heared they were in court last week but we don't know the outcome. If anyone knows anything please share.

Thanks All and becareful.

P.S I heard they were operating in CA and the Carolinas market.
"My poor parents have been trying to get out of this contract"

While I truly feel sorry for them, did anyone put a gun to their head to sign on the dotted line?

Sorry, adults should know better and are responsible for their actions!

Old 03-12-2024, 11:06 AM

16,273 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"My poor parents have been trying to get out of this contract"

While I truly feel sorry for them, did anyone put a gun to their head to sign on the dotted line?

Sorry, adults should know better and are responsible for their actions!
The internet was available at that time but perhaps not so mainstream that everyone knew to Google "Metro Dream Homes Scam". Seems so obvious now.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:27 AM

238 posts, read 129,333 times
Just stop paying them. It's likely the contract is illegal and void to begin with. Take the people and company to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland